What's the chances for appealing a academic dismissal?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
CHFuller

Re: What's the chances for appealing a academic dismissal?

Postby CHFuller » Wed May 31, 2017 2:15 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
"Being an attorney" is a good start but not a focused career goal.

Mods please edit this or message me if what I'm about to say is not allowed. I can't remember rules.

OP. You have doxxed "your son" (yourself) on two separate forums. You have bigger issues to worry about than this. If you by some reason do manage the appeal and get approved to stay and then somehow graduate and miraculously pass the bar, character and fitness is going to take issue with the fact that you advertise yourself as a Yale graduated practicing attorney (who graduated from law school when they graduated from undergrad. Impressive) all over social media.

I truly empathize that you're in a sticky situation, but the best way to get out is to leave school, get a job, and then revisit it later if you still have a burning desire to be an attorney.

I'm sure it's just someone with similar/same name. I'm not aware of my kid having a Twitter account. I don't want to believe my kid would be that dishonest or stubborn, if you could let me know where you found that info, Nony, I'll give it a check. Thank.

Edit: Oh, reddit. Yes, I did posted something there on the same issue yesterday. UVA, he's not dismissed just yet, I called his school and their Academics people said they don't dismiss without a Dismissal Committee reviewing it first. So we're just waiting on the review team's decision right now.
Last edited by CHFuller on Wed May 31, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lymenheimer

Postby lymenheimer » Wed May 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Super scooped
Last edited by lymenheimer on Wed May 31, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed May 31, 2017 2:18 pm

IExistedOnceBefore wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Wait, what?

"Parent" posted on a well known website for wasting one whose mascot is a little alien under the "Law School" section under his "Sons" account because they share accounts apparently? I mean no one is buying that there.

"Son" is fast and lose with his anonymity on this "shared" account and personal details. Several users caught him there.

Social media also isn't on lock down. And I'm bored.

Well thanks for clearing that up.

Seriously, what on earth are you talking about?

He posted this exact same scenario on his main Reddit account that completely outs who he is because he posted a ton in his undergrad Reddit and his Reddit name is his twitter handle.

Claimed that it's a family Reddit account everyone shares?

Well, he claims he used his son's account. Not sure why someone who's been presumably real as an undergrad would post as their parent - they're not going to get better/different advice. So I kind of buy that (the commenters didn't actually have much to say about that).

The twitter thing is weird because it is the Reddit handle and the handle used here. But who knows. (It's not really doxxing when you give out the details yourself, I don't think.)

IExistedOnceBefore

Postby IExistedOnceBefore » Wed May 31, 2017 2:28 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Wait, what?

"Parent" posted on a well known website for wasting one whose mascot is a little alien under the "Law School" section under his "Sons" account because they share accounts apparently? I mean no one is buying that there.

"Son" is fast and lose with his anonymity on this "shared" account and personal details. Several users caught him there.

Social media also isn't on lock down. And I'm bored.

Well thanks for clearing that up.

Seriously, what on earth are you talking about?

He posted this exact same scenario on his main Reddit account that completely outs who he is because he posted a ton in his undergrad Reddit and his Reddit name is his twitter handle.

Claimed that it's a family Reddit account everyone shares?

Well, he claims he used his son's account. Not sure why someone who's been presumably real as an undergrad would post as their parent - they're not going to get better/different advice. So I kind of buy that (the commenters didn't actually have much to say about that).

The twitter thing is weird because it is the Reddit handle and the handle used here. But who knows. (It's not really doxxing when you give out the details yourself, I don't think.)

Facebook of the aforementioned twitter and this TLS account match all geographical locations named here. Son is a Yale graduated New York practicing attorney who lives in San Diego. Neat.

That only took me five minutes to find. Imagine what the Bar would do.

OP keep up the charade if you want. I have no skin in this game. You or your Son should seek alternative career paths.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed May 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Welp that is TRULY bizarre. (There are also apparently 2 slightly different FB profiles, same person, one claiming Yale and one not?) I kinda wonder if the OP is real and the kid isn't doing so hot in law school because he's pretending to be a corporate lawyer already which is taking up all his time? Really really weird though.

So OP are you going to come back and explain?

Thelaw23

Postby Thelaw23 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:14 pm

This thread went 0-100 real quick *grabs popcorn*

LurkerTurnedMember

Postby LurkerTurnedMember » Wed May 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:This thread went 0-100 real quick *grabs popcorn*

I just wasted an hour at work over this thread...

BruiseWillis

Postby BruiseWillis » Wed May 31, 2017 4:33 pm

LurkerTurnedMember wrote:

+1

grades??

Postby grades?? » Wed May 31, 2017 4:35 pm

BruiseWillis wrote:
LurkerTurnedMember wrote:

+1

This is almost to the level of Kevin. I miss Kevin.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”