Declining Lunch Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
cougs1112

New

Declining Lunch

Post by cougs1112 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:08 pm

Lawyers (including partners) were going on a birthday lunch my last day at the office - 2L clerk at a small firm. I've got class and we're doing a review for the final exam so I told them I can't. Did I make a mistake here?

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Re: Declining Lunch

Post by SmokeytheBear » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:11 pm

cougs1112 wrote:Lawyers were going on a birthday lunch my last day at the office - 2L clerk at a small firm. I've got class and we're doing a review for the final exam so I told them I can't. Did I make a mistake here?
Did you generally involve yourself in the life of the firm otherwise? Did you tell them about your need to study?

People generally forget about this stuff pretty quickly. I wouldn't sweat it.

cougs1112

New

Post by cougs1112 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:07 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote:
cougs1112 wrote:Lawyers were going on a birthday lunch my last day at the office - 2L clerk at a small firm. I've got class and we're doing a review for the final exam so I told them I can't. Did I make a mistake here?
Did you generally involve yourself in the life of the firm otherwise? Did you tell them about your need to study?

There wasn't much going on to be honest

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:09 pm

cougs1112 wrote:
SmokeytheBear wrote:

There wasn't much going on to be honest
Then forget about it and start focusing on your exam. Crush it! Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”