Prior Debt

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Mr_Chukes

Silver

Prior Debt

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:46 pm

What do you do if you have prior debt before law school. What if there is debt that you wont' be able to pay off all the way before law school begins? What do you do?

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Re: Prior Debt

Postby BmoreOrLess » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:What do you do if you have prior debt before law school. What if there is debt that you wont' be able to pay off all the way before law school begins? What do you do?

What type of debt? If credit card debt, I'd try to get a few different credit cards that have interest free balance transfers and rotate through those over the course of law school.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:29 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:What do you do if you have prior debt before law school. What if there is debt that you wont' be able to pay off all the way before law school begins? What do you do?

What type of debt? If credit card debt, I'd try to get a few different credit cards that have interest free balance transfers and rotate through those over the course of law school.

Credit card. I'm also very close to paying off my car. I only owe 3000 as of now.

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Postby BmoreOrLess » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Yea, for the car I don't really have any tips, but for the credit card, if you can get more credit cards (or already have some others) they're pretty easy to rotate on balance transfers for 3-4% a year while you only pay the minimums.

Return to ā€œAsk a Law Student / Graduateā€?