How "predictable" are law school transfers?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
alpinespring

How "predictable" are law school transfers?

Postby alpinespring » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:27 pm

Scouring the transfer forum, I get that 1) GPA is #1 factor in transfer 2) There's really no way to predict what grades you get until you do.
But I'm curious -- if you indeed do receive excellent grades, what are the actual chances of transferring out?

For example, there's a good chance that a 4.0 from Georgetown undergrad may not succeed in transferring to Harvard
but will a 4.0 from GULC almost be "guaranteed" (obviously nothing's guaranteed, but the idea of it) admission to HLS?

Thank you guys

Nebby
amateur huffpo

Re: How "predictable" are law school transfers?

Postby Nebby » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:28 pm

alpinespring wrote:Scouring the transfer forum, I get that 1) GPA is #1 factor in transfer 2) There's really no way to predict what grades you get until you do.
But I'm curious -- if you indeed do receive excellent grades, what are the actual chances of transferring out?

For example, there's a good chance that a 4.0 from Georgetown undergrad may not succeed in transferring to Harvard
but will a 4.0 from GULC almost be "guaranteed" (obviously nothing's guaranteed, but the idea of it) admission to HLS?

Thank you guys

RE: bolded

Yes.

alpinespring

Re: How "predictable" are law school transfers?

Postby alpinespring » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Nebby wrote:
alpinespring wrote:Scouring the transfer forum, I get that 1) GPA is #1 factor in transfer 2) There's really no way to predict what grades you get until you do.

Thank you guys

RE: bolded

Yes.

Seriously? Wow.... law school grades are that important? Jeez. No wonder 1L's seem so stressed. Thx.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”