Can we talk about 1L for a moment?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
mjb447

Silver

Re: Can we talk about 1L for a moment?

Postby mjb447 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:One of the tricky things about 1L is that you expect it to be horrible and all-encompassing and then when you get there there isn't much to do for the first several weeks. Which of course just adds to the stress because you assume you must be missing something.

This assumption leads down the dark path of multi-color highlighter systems and other wheel-spinning.

yyyuppp

Bronze

Postby yyyuppp » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:04 am

mjb447 wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:One of the tricky things about 1L is that you expect it to be horrible and all-encompassing and then when you get there there isn't much to do for the first several weeks. Which of course just adds to the stress because you assume you must be missing something.

This assumption leads down the dark path of multi-color highlighter systems and other wheel-spinning.

And case books filled with so many colored tabs that the tabs no longer serve their purpose

jbagelboy

Diamond

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:08 am

I miss lawl school

Except the poverty

Being a law student with rich parents or a full tuition scholarship would be like..fuckin dope

bretby

Bronze

Postby bretby » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:09 pm

twenty wrote: Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck. I bet the other section is way easier. Why did I get stuck in the section with all the gunners? I bet my school section stacks. I bet it's because my school SOMEHOW KNEW and put all the gunners in one section to help out minorities or whatever.

Surprised this has not been commented on yet.

S.Picquery

Silver

Postby S.Picquery » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 pm

bretby wrote:Surprised this has not been commented on yet.

We saw it and went... nope nope nopity fucking nope. Not dealing with this guy.

Return to ā€œAsk a Law Student / Graduateā€?