Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
datway

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:05 pm

Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby datway » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:11 pm

Just finished first semester... second semester underway. Ask me anything!

fredfred

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby fredfred » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:14 pm

How does it feel that you are statistically unlikely to get a legal job?

datway

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:05 pm

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby datway » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:20 pm

fredfred wrote:How does it feel that you are statistically unlikely to get a legal job?


how does it feel to be you?

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:29 pm

best place to get fresh fruits and vegetables near campus?

datway

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:05 pm

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby datway » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:43 pm

mrgstephe wrote:best place to get fresh fruits and vegetables near campus?

hmmm . . . Giant

User avatar
soj

Platinum
Posts: 7890
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Removed

Postby soj » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:00 pm

.

User avatar
KunAgnis

Bronze
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby KunAgnis » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:14 pm

fredfred wrote:How does it feel that you are statistically unlikely to get a legal job?


Actually - depending on the definition of "unlikely," you're wrong. 60 out of 113 got a bar passage required position (which we can take to mean a legal job) and 60 out of 113 is greater than half - therefore, purely statistically, any Howard student is more likely than not to get a legal job.
E: this information is from the Class of 2015. I was just really bored.

User avatar
URMSenator52

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby URMSenator52 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:07 am

datway wrote:
fredfred wrote:How does it feel that you are statistically unlikely to get a legal job?


how does it feel to be you?


Statically the OCI at Howard rivals most of the t14-t25 within Greater D.C. area and in D.C. In my opinion this schools seams like a decent, cheap cost choice for a URM or anyone. That can't crack the t-25 gunning BL or Public Sector, within the East Coast and south primarily; PA/DC/NY/MA/VA area. Unless you are going to school within the inferred areas mentioned. Your assumption is baseless and flawed.

User avatar
URMSenator52

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby URMSenator52 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:23 am

datway wrote:Just finished first semester... second semester underway. Ask me anything!


Okay thanks again for posting. A couple of questions I plan to apply next cycle.

1. How is the 1L academic life at Howard ?

2. How is the 1L social life at Howard?

3. Do people date there?

3. Where is the best places to live in the DMV?

4. What is the median GPA at Howard as an 1L?

5. What is the typical day at Howard (class length,best places to eat,.) ?

6. How many 1L'S in your section transfer to GULC OR GW?

7. How easy is it to form a study group at Howard?

8. Is there a Walmart in the DMV area close to Howard?

8. Lastly if you don't mind, what was your GPA/LSAT range stats?

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:12 am

URMSenator52 wrote:
datway wrote:Just finished first semester... second semester underway. Ask me anything!


Okay thanks again for posting. A couple of questions I plan to apply next cycle.


8. Is there a Walmart in the DMV area close to Howard?



You do realize there's this thing called Google Maps right?

User avatar
URMSenator52

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby URMSenator52 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:34 pm

mrgstephe wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
datway wrote:Just finished first semester... second semester underway. Ask me anything!


Okay thanks again for posting. A couple of questions I plan to apply next cycle.


8. Is there a Walmart in the DMV area close to Howard?



You do realize there's this thing called Google Maps right?


You have no premise in your question, and your inference on computer search phenomenon is flawed. Based on the assumption that Google Maps does always guarantees personal identification, and or personal experience of a location ..? Especially for someone unfamiliar with the area..?

User avatar
TakeItToTrial

Bronze
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:13 am

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby TakeItToTrial » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:40 pm

URMSenator52 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
datway wrote:Just finished first semester... second semester underway. Ask me anything!


Okay thanks again for posting. A couple of questions I plan to apply next cycle.


8. Is there a Walmart in the DMV area close to Howard?



You do realize there's this thing called Google Maps right?


You have no premise in your statement, and your inference on computer search phenomenon is flawed. Based on the assumption that Google Maps does not equal personal identification, and or personal experience of a location ..? Especially for someone unfamiliar with the area..?


Wtf did I just read.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:41 pm

TakeItToTrial wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
datway wrote:Just finished first semester... second semester underway. Ask me anything!


Okay thanks again for posting. A couple of questions I plan to apply next cycle.


8. Is there a Walmart in the DMV area close to Howard?



You do realize there's this thing called Google Maps right?


You have no premise in your statement, and your inference on computer search phenomenon is flawed. Based on the assumption that Google Maps does not equal personal identification, and or personal experience of a location ..? Especially for someone unfamiliar with the area..?


Wtf did I just read.


I believe it's called a try-hard

fennecfox2

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:19 am

Re: Howard Law 1L - Ask Me Anything!

Postby fennecfox2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:21 am

Hi! Anyone in here have a link to the Howard summer sublet list?



Return to ā€œAsk a Law Student / Graduateā€?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests