HELP! LSAC confusion

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
MDavid

New

HELP! LSAC confusion

Postby MDavid » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm an undergrad at a 4 year institution with a ton dual credit courses from HS. I keep getting mixed answers about what courses are included in LSAC GPA calculation. Does the LSAC factor in every single college course that you've received a grade for? Or does it only factor in the credits that transferred in to my 4 year institution? My HS program made us take a lot of Dual credit classes such as research, photoshop, etc. That show up on my CC transcript and we're 1credit courses but they didn't go toward my degree - will those be factored in my LSAC GPA since I got a grade for it? Please help me figure this out!

lula43

Bronze

Re: HELP! LSAC confusion

Postby lula43 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:09 pm

LSAC factors every single college course you've received a grade for. LSAC learns of those grades through credits transferred to your four-year institution. I earned CC credits in high school and only transferred some to my university. However, whenever your upload your transcript from your university to LSAC and they see credits came from elsewhere, you are required to upload that transcript as well. From there, they take every single grade on that transcript and factor it into your cumulative GPA. I tried to appeal this and they informed me this was their practice. It screwed my GPA, but I wrote an addendum explaining the discrepancy.

Happy to answer more questions about this!

maybeman

Bronze

Postby maybeman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:10 pm

If they are graded college-level credits, they will show up. I don't believe them counting toward your degree vs. not is relevant. If by not going toward your degree you mean that they don't show up on your transcript, then they won't be counted. But I'm pretty sure LSAC makes you send in all transcripts, so if they are noted on your CC transcript, they'll be counted.

ETA scooped. Agree with the above

MDavid

New

Postby MDavid » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Thank you! Those random courses are actually going to help my GPA

Return to ā€œAsk a Law Student / Graduateā€?