double biglaw with kid AMA

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
DELG

Gold
Posts: 3021
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DELG » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:15 am

I've not billed about 9 hours in the past 48 so my recommendations will center around not becoming me

lurklaw

Silver
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby lurklaw » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:24 am

what's your reservation price?

User avatar
TLSModBot

Diamond
Posts: 14838
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby TLSModBot » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:25 am

What is double biglaw

It sounds harder than regular biglaw

User avatar
DELG

Gold
Posts: 3021
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DELG » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:41 am

lurklaw wrote:what's your reservation price?

on the kid? very low

User avatar
DELG

Gold
Posts: 3021
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DELG » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:42 am

Capitol_Idea wrote:What is double biglaw

It sounds harder than regular biglaw


both parents in biglaw so in other words raising a feral child

User avatar
TLSModBot

Diamond
Posts: 14838
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby TLSModBot » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:10 am

DELG wrote:
Capitol_Idea wrote:What is double biglaw

It sounds harder than regular biglaw


both parents in biglaw so in other words raising a feral child
just do have daycare/school and nanny raise it with money you don't have

works for us

User avatar
DELG

Gold
Posts: 3021
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DELG » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:
DELG wrote:
Capitol_Idea wrote:What is double biglaw

It sounds harder than regular biglaw


both parents in biglaw so in other words raising a feral child
just do have daycare/school and nanny raise it with money you don't have

works for us

preschool au pair and grandparents we have so much coverage

and yet she was at my office until 10:30 last night

User avatar
TLSModBot

Diamond
Posts: 14838
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby TLSModBot » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:28 pm

DELG wrote:
Capitol_Idea wrote:
DELG wrote:
Capitol_Idea wrote:What is double biglaw

It sounds harder than regular biglaw


both parents in biglaw so in other words raising a feral child
just do have daycare/school and nanny raise it with money you don't have

works for us

preschool au pair and grandparents we have so much coverage
see the kid will be fine

honestly I debate the value of we biglaw parents being too involved with our kids

what if they turn out like us

User avatar
DELG

Gold
Posts: 3021
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DELG » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:30 pm

my kid is DEF going to be a lawyer when she grows up. she really had no chance. she's a huge nerd and plays "work" all the time which involves filling legal pads with scribbles.

DrRighteous

Gold
Posts: 2031
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 6:49 am

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DrRighteous » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm

My oldest plays work my putting a soft-sided cloth bag on his head and saying "type type type" while waving his hands wildly.

DrRighteous

Gold
Posts: 2031
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 6:49 am

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DrRighteous » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:34 pm

I think that means he is going to be a dentist.

User avatar
DELG

Gold
Posts: 3021
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DELG » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:02 pm

DrRighteous wrote:I think that means he is going to be a dentist.

twitter celebrity

DrRighteous

Gold
Posts: 2031
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 6:49 am

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DrRighteous » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:03 pm

DELG wrote:
DrRighteous wrote:I think that means he is going to be a dentist.

twitter celebrity


President of the United States??? Awesome!

User avatar
anyriotgirl

Platinum
Posts: 8349
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby anyriotgirl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:25 pm

what costs more per month, child or (double) student loans?
Last edited by anyriotgirl on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DELG

Gold
Posts: 3021
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DELG » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:29 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:what costs more per month, child or (double) student loans?

child by a lot

$22k/yr preschool
$13k au pair wages
$9k au pair agency fee

plus au pair room and board in downtown DC, which is probably an extra $20k/yr for extra bedroom food etc

User avatar
anyriotgirl

Platinum
Posts: 8349
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby anyriotgirl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:36 pm

DELG wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:what costs more per month, child or (double) student loans?

child by a lot

$22k/yr preschool
$13k au pair wages
$9k au pair agency fee

plus au pair room and board in downtown DC, which is probably an extra $20k/yr for extra bedroom food etc


is the au pair also teaching a language or just providing childcare?
Last edited by anyriotgirl on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DELG

Gold
Posts: 3021
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DELG » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:12 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
DELG wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:what costs more per month, child or (double) student loans?

child by a lot

$22k/yr preschool
$13k au pair wages
$9k au pair agency fee

plus au pair room and board in downtown DC, which is probably an extra $20k/yr for extra bedroom food etc


is the au pair also teaching a language or just providing childcare?

she makes jello shots?

User avatar
anyriotgirl

Platinum
Posts: 8349
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby anyriotgirl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:15 pm

DELG wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:
DELG wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:what costs more per month, child or (double) student loans?

child by a lot

$22k/yr preschool
$13k au pair wages
$9k au pair agency fee

plus au pair room and board in downtown DC, which is probably an extra $20k/yr for extra bedroom food etc


is the au pair also teaching a language or just providing childcare?

she makes jello shots?


I couldn't come up with a non rude way to ask if it was a fancy language or a heritage language :oops:
Last edited by anyriotgirl on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DELG

Gold
Posts: 3021
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DELG » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:16 pm

both the au pair and i speak german. i just checked if kid can count to 10. she sorta can.

User avatar
cakerusk

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:25 am

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby cakerusk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:25 pm

This thread made me LOL! Can't wait for my kids to play "work" on my legal pads :lol:

User avatar
DELG

Gold
Posts: 3021
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: double biglaw with kid AMA

Postby DELG » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:17 pm

teleconferenced into the pediatrician appt today



Return to ā€œAsk a Law Student / Graduateā€?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests