International Law Prospects Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
tls__user

New

International Law Prospects

Post by tls__user » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:14 pm

Hello,

I am becoming increasingly interested in studying law and have been trying to learn more about future career prospects. I was wondering if anybody had experience practicing law internationally/studying international law. How did you enter the field?

Edit: I know I should be clearer in my post since international law is such a vast field, but I honestly know close to nothing... I was hoping to learn more about the different types of international work, the responsibilities these positions entail, and how people found employment in the field. Any and all information would be extremely helpful to me at this point!

Thanks!
Last edited by tls__user on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: International Law Prospects

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:15 pm

I'll just be the first to ask: what kind of international law?

International law is a huge field. Saying you want to practice international law is like saying that you want to be a trial lawyer. It's marginally more specific than saying "lawyer", but it doesn't provide any detail.

tls__user

New

Post by tls__user » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:57 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I'll just be the first to ask: what kind of international law?

International law is a huge field. Saying you want to practice international law is like saying that you want to be a trial lawyer. It's marginally more specific than saying "lawyer", but it doesn't provide any detail.
Thank you for bringing up these valid points. I should have been clearer in my post since international law is such a vast field, but I honestly know close to nothing... I was hoping to learn more about the different types of international work, the responsibilities these positions entail, and how people found employment in the field. Any and all information would be extremely helpful to me at this point!

Thank you! :)

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:13 pm

International trade law is one.
Human rights law is another.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”