Recommended Courses Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Which Courses?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Family Law
No votes
Conflicts
7%
Wills and Trusts
29%
Sales
14%
Does not matter what you take in law school
50%

Total votes: 14

butlerraider1

Bronze

Recommended Courses

Post by butlerraider1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:28 pm

Next semester is my last semester of law school before I graduate and there are still a number of bar courses that I haven't taken. Any suggestions? Due to a required course, and an internship I'm doing in the spring, I have to choose 2 out of these four: Wills and Trusts, Sales, Conflict of Laws, or Family Law.

zot1

Gold

Re: Recommended Courses

Post by zot1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:46 pm

Wills if your state bar has it.

butlerraider1

Bronze

Post by butlerraider1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:03 pm

I'm in a UBE state (NY).

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:18 pm

I'd choose something more fun and/or easier than any of those. Failing that, I'd go with best grade distribution. Failing that, I'd go with best schedule (that's a personal choice. Would you rather have Mondays off or Thursday's off, etc.). Failing that I'd choose what's most interesting to you. Failing that I'd choose whatever would help most on the bar. Failing that I would choose whichever you think might help you in your future career. Failing that I'd flip a few coins.

butlerraider1

Bronze

Post by butlerraider1 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:06 am

BigZuck wrote:I'd choose something more fun and/or easier than any of those. Failing that, I'd go with best grade distribution. Failing that, I'd go with best schedule (that's a personal choice. Would you rather have Mondays off or Thursday's off, etc.). Failing that I'd choose what's most interesting to you. Failing that I'd choose whatever would help most on the bar. Failing that I would choose whichever you think might help you in your future career. Failing that I'd flip a few coins.
Thanks!

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:06 pm

I took none of these in law school and didn't take evidence or crim pro for that matter. Just study for the bar exam and you'll likely be fine. Do what BigZuck said.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”