COMMON 0L QUESTIONS books, study guides, E&Es, studying,etc Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Re: COMMON 0L QUESTIONS books, study guides, E&Es, studying,etc

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:07 am

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
A.Taarabt7 wrote:I looked through my browser history and I still have the links. I already put them into the archive website provided and have been reading them. If need be, I can post up the archive link to each thread that was deleted? Some good info in some of these threads. The rest have, like you said, been posted in the forums recently(e.g. review GTM, Law School Confidential, Use of study groups, etc)
This would be great

I actually looked through them all. It wasn't worth it. Just a lot of threads dealing with Law School Confidential reviews, what cases to read as a 0L, question about canned briefs, usefulness of study groups, advice from 2Ls to 1Ls, and what books to read as a 0L. Wasn't worth it to repost in my mind since the info is constantly repeated on this forum. Not only that, with the archive it would save the 1st page of the thread, but if you wanted to read the 2nd or 3rd page or any other page for that matter, it would not load.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:33 am

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:40 am

^^ woo thanks man

mornincounselor

Silver

Post by mornincounselor » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:26 am

Is the general consensus primers are useless for 0Ls?

Also, besides CivPro and Constitutional Law I, can the remainder of the series come from a prior edition?
Last edited by mornincounselor on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:46 am

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:15 pm

sublime wrote:Don't read supps as a 0L. Does more harm than good.

And yes to your second question, obviously depending on your prof.
+1. Pretty much a waste of time as a 0L. My Civ Pro class doesn't cover any jurisdiction stuff until next semester. It would have been a complete waste of time to read "Erie Made Easy" back in July.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post by mornincounselor » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:04 am

I agree 0Ls should not bother checking out primers. Much better use of their time, like traveling the world and saving the children and what not.

Yet, the fact that my LSAT didn't end up having any rare games on it does not mean that preparing for those games was pointless.

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Wowser wrote:There is an app for Macs that is very useful for new 1Ls with Bluebook citations. It's called 'Legal Cite.'
It basically does the citation formatting for you.

On app store: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZS ... 1227&mt=12.
You're the real hero here. Thank you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lion3200

New

Question!!! Much needed help!

Post by Lion3200 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:47 am

Hello!

I was recently admitted to law school and was feeling very excited about starting school. However after doing my own research, and reviewing my application, I realized I incorrectly omitted an expunged arrest for possession of less than 2.5 for weed. I know it was careless and stupid of me for not reading closely, however not that I've caught the mistake, I'm very worried the law school might rescind my offer after notifying them. Anyone have an advice about how to handle it? Charges were dropped immediately, but like I said it was an expunged arrest that I didn't report, and I want to take care of it now before the year starts.

BoyJord

Bronze

Re: Question!!! Much needed help!

Post by BoyJord » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:20 am

Lion3200 wrote:Hello!

I was recently admitted to law school and was feeling very excited about starting school. However after doing my own research, and reviewing my application, I realized I incorrectly omitted an expunged arrest for possession of less than 2.5 for weed. I know it was careless and stupid of me for not reading closely, however not that I've caught the mistake, I'm very worried the law school might rescind my offer after notifying them. Anyone have an advice about how to handle it? Charges were dropped immediately, but like I said it was an expunged arrest that I didn't report, and I want to take care of it now before the year starts.
0L so get a second opinion BUT... I would disclose immediately. It would be better to have your offer rescinded rather than spending money on an education you can't use because the Bar won't admit you. Anxious and shitty situation for you but I would bite the bullet and alert the admissions staff ASAP so you can work through the issue.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”