Law School Success -- and Favor/Offer Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
johnbarry

New

Law School Success -- and Favor/Offer

Post by johnbarry » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:38 pm

I posted this on the law student forum but it occurs to me many 0Ls will be equally if not more interested (especially if they are about to be 1Ls)

I'm Barry Friedman. I'm a prof at NYU Law. My friend John Goldberg (at Harvard) and I have written a book on entering law school, and on exam success. I have an offer for all of you, and a favor to ask.

The book is called Open Book: The Inside Track To Law School Success. You can find it here:

https://www.amazon.com/Open-Book-Inside ... 1454873566

The first edition was focused on exam success. This new edition has chapters for entering 1Ls on how law works, the basic institutions of the legal system, how to read a case, and how to prep for classes. It is intended as a comprehensive guide to the 1L year. Purchase includes access to our online site which has (among many other resources) actual practice exams written by professors, with model answers written by professors, and actual law student exams annotated by those professors.

We are looking for reviews on Amazon. We would be super grateful for same. Write what you will, of course! But we have this offer:
For those of you entering your 1L year, if you would like a free copy of the book, if you write claire.duleba@nyu.edu and indicate at what school you are starting, she will arrange for you to get an e version of the book, including the practice exam site. This is for the first thirty folks who respond
For those of you who have completed your 2L year, we are offering a $10 gift card to Starbucks for the first thirty people who actually review the book. Simply write claire.duleba@nyu.edu and tell her you are interested and she will work with you to confirm you reviewed the book and get you a gift card.

John and I have been professors and associate/vice deans at Alabama, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, Harvard and NYU. Between us we teach most 1L courses. We are super interested in pedagogy. We hope you like the book!

whats an updog

Bronze

Re: Law School Success -- and Favor/Offer

Post by whats an updog » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:36 am

Would give your post a B considering there are at least two errors.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”