Deleted Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
retupmoc12

New

Deleted

Post by retupmoc12 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:16 pm

deleted
Last edited by retupmoc12 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1styearlateral

Silver

Re: Kline & Specter Questions (Philly Students)

Post by 1styearlateral » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:46 am

I'm originally from the Philly area, and I had a few friends that tried to get summer positions there. From what I remember, they're a small firm and probably don't hire summers because there is no formal summer program. However, if there is any opportunity there, it's probably by e-mailing Specter or Kline and just straight asking for a position.

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:51 am

1styearlateral wrote:I'm originally from the Philly area, and I had a few friends that tried to get summer positions there. From what I remember, they're a small firm and probably don't hire summers because there is no formal summer program. However, if there is any opportunity there, it's probably by e-mailing Specter or Kline and just straight asking for a position.
They take summers now. I had a few classmates get summer positions there, but I'm not sure if it led to full-time offers. I don't think where you went to school is the defining criteria for employment there, but you need to have good grades if you went to Temple, Drexel, Rutgers, or Nova and you should have trial advocacy experience.

wlee1220

Bronze

Post by wlee1220 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:54 pm

I'm at Penn. One of their lawyers came to an affinity group meeting I was attending to make a pitch to get more people to apply to their firm for the summer. My understanding is that they want top grades, pay slightly below market, value trial advocacy experience, and don't make any guarantees of full-time offers. I know there were a few Philly based plaintiff firms at OCI, but I don't remember Kline & Specter being one. The presentation seemed cool though and they do some interesting trial work.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”