Employment before Law School Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
pppp

New

Employment before Law School

Post by pppp » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:28 pm

I'm a 0L who will be going to a T14 school next year. My resume is weak. I've already graduated, but have only worked pretty unprofessional employment. Retail/ Part-time jobs. Nothing impressive at all. My question is do I need to or would it be advantageous to do some sort of work right now for the sake of my resume. Basically, is it going to look really bad when I apply for jobs my 1L summer or does everyone (with ok grades) from a T14 find some gainful employment.

I'd only be able to grab a small firm internship or something like that, but would just the ability to say I have some experience/interest in the law substantially aid my application. Or does that stuff only matter for applications to law school? I would think being enrolled in a law school should be enough.

zot1

Gold

Re: Employment before Law School

Post by zot1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:29 pm

Meh. Just get good grades.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Employment before Law School

Post by BigZuck » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:41 pm

It doesn't matter and there isn't really anything impressive you could pick up in the next couple of months

If you're looking for something worthwhile to do with your time then volunteer for causes you're passionate about or do something that can help other people

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”