Will LSAC mistake this as degree date

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
julieisawesome

New

Will LSAC mistake this as degree date

Postby julieisawesome » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:44 pm

I am still in undergrad (have been for a long time) with a 3.2 absolute gpa and 179 LSAT. I wont graduate until a year from now, however, when I was riffling through my unofficial transcript, I noticed for this past Fall 15 semester, it was posted on it: "Transfer module completed on 12/20/15". I tried to see what that meant, and it looks like it just means that I completed all the courses necessarily if a transfer was to take place. I have not graduated, nor is their a degree date.

When I go to submit my transcript, since LSAC calculates up to degree date, could the notation "Transfer module completed" be misinterpreted as where they will stop calculating? Or should I be okay and they will calculate to the degree date?

ScottRiqui

Gold

Re: Will LSAC mistake this as degree date

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:15 pm

julieisawesome wrote:I am still in undergrad (have been for a long time) with a 3.2 absolute gpa and 179 LSAT. I wont graduate until a year from now, however, when I was riffling through my unofficial transcript, I noticed for this past Fall 15 semester, it was posted on it: "Transfer module completed on 12/20/15". I tried to see what that meant, and it looks like it just means that I completed all the courses necessarily if a transfer was to take place. I have not graduated, nor is their a degree date.

When I go to submit my transcript, since LSAC calculates up to degree date, could the notation "Transfer module completed" be misinterpreted as where they will stop calculating? Or should I be okay and they will calculate to the degree date?

Transcripts are usually explicitly clear when a degree has been awarded, so when LSAC sees "Transfer module completed", they're either going to know that it's not the awarding of a degree, or they'll ask.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate?