GPA Chances of Big Law Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
mrb520

New

GPA Chances of Big Law

Post by mrb520 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:25 am

Hi all,

I'm at Fordham Law and finished the semester with a 3.64. I was wondering what my chances are of big law with that type of GPA?

Also, I'm working at a construction company as a legal intern and want to go into real estate law (not sure if this boosts my chances)

Thanks in advance

handsonthewheel

Bronze

Re: GPA Chances of Big Law

Post by handsonthewheel » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 am

Working as a legal intern probably won't matter much, but could give you something interesting to talk about.

Can't say chances - keep studying and raise them. If you want chances, find Fordham historic class curves, get your general class % and look at the proportion of class getting NLJ 250 jobs.

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:52 am

All about your interviewing/selling skills at this point. You have a gpa to get foot in the door. Work on interview skills.

chicago-gunner123

New

Post by chicago-gunner123 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:18 pm

Also work on keeping that GPA up. So many people do well first semester, think they made it, and coast. Remember that everyone who performed lower first semester will be gunning even harder next semester to get better

Great that you already secured your internship for next summer though, less distractions to worry about this semester

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”