Bored Illinois 3L happy to answer questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
illini2013

New

Re: Bored Illinois 3L happy to answer questions

Post by illini2013 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:47 pm

Bump

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:14 pm

illini2013 wrote:Bump
Still around?

Advice on finding a roommate? I'm thinking super ahead, buuut... how can I find someone I'm sort of compatible with? Do people live in 3-4 bedrooms?

My priority is having my own bathroom, preferably attached to my room, and paying the least amount of money for decent quality.

Also, I noticed a lot of places come already furnished but I have all my own furniture, which I love. Are there options to remove the furniture?

illini2013

New

Post by illini2013 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:31 pm

Supercalifragilistic wrote:
Still around?

Advice on finding a roommate? I'm thinking super ahead, buuut... how can I find someone I'm sort of compatible with? Do people live in 3-4 bedrooms?

My priority is having my own bathroom, preferably attached to my room, and paying the least amount of money for decent quality.

Also, I noticed a lot of places come already furnished but I have all my own furniture, which I love. Are there options to remove the furniture?
People live in 1 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms, 3 and 4 bedrooms. For 1L I just got random roommates and that worked out fine actually. I would use Admitted Students Day/Weekend to meet ppl that you might like.

If you want your own bathroom attached to your room then I would just go with the Village. There's also 75 Armory, but that is right on campus and might already be booked. There are also all the high rises on Green Street but I believe they're more expensive.

I would assume you can just tell the apt building you don't want furnished. I have not lived in any furnished apartment in my three years.

Supercalifragilistic

Bronze

Post by Supercalifragilistic » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:42 pm

illini2013 wrote:
Supercalifragilistic wrote:
Still around?

People live in 1 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms, 3 and 4 bedrooms. For 1L I just got random roommates and that worked out fine actually. I would use Admitted Students Day/Weekend to meet ppl that you might like.

If you want your own bathroom attached to your room then I would just go with the Village. There's also 75 Armory, but that is right on campus and might already be booked. There are also all the high rises on Green Street but I believe they're more expensive.

I would assume you can just tell the apt building you don't want furnished. I have not lived in any furnished apartment in my three years.
Perfect, thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”