GULC Students Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Anonnonnon

Bronze

Re: GULC Students Taking Questions

Post by Anonnonnon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Bunbury wrote:
ball is life wrote:
Bunbury wrote:Do grades come out all at once or can they be staggered?
At least for 1Ls, they'll all be coming out next Wednesday
Thanks! I wish they'd planned to release them before the start of the semester...
For upper level courses: Do grades generally release in the grace period (monday)? or by the deadline? (today?)

pandapops

New

Post by pandapops » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Anonnonnon wrote:
Bunbury wrote:
ball is life wrote:
Thanks! I wish they'd planned to release them before the start of the semester...
For upper level courses: Do grades generally release in the grace period (monday)? or by the deadline? (today?)
I have 4/5 back that have trickled in over the last three days

Anonnonnon

Bronze

Post by Anonnonnon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:19 pm

pandapops wrote:
Anonnonnon wrote:
Bunbury wrote:
ball is life wrote:
Any idea if you're grades have come in at a consistent time of the day? Or randomly? (though I guess at this point it doens't matter much, since all grades should be released on Monday anyway)

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Anonnonnon wrote: (though I guess at this point it doens't matter much, since all grades should be released on Monday anyway)
Sweet sweet summer child

Anonnonnon

Bronze

Post by Anonnonnon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Anonnonnon wrote: (though I guess at this point it doens't matter much, since all grades should be released on Monday anyway)
Sweet sweet summer child
Let me live with hope while I still can!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pandapops

New

Post by pandapops » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:46 am

Anonnonnon wrote:
pandapops wrote:
Anonnonnon wrote:
Bunbury wrote:
ball is life wrote:
Any idea if you're grades have come in at a consistent time of the day? Or randomly? (though I guess at this point it doens't matter much, since all grades should be released on Monday anyway)
I had one post around 11am but the others came in after 6pm

ChristineBaskets

New

Post by ChristineBaskets » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Is it weird for an upperclassman to only have one grade back at this point? :?

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:18 pm

ChristineBaskets wrote:Is it weird for an upperclassman to only have one grade back at this point? :?
It would be weird if grades were posted according to the advertised deadlines. This is Georgetown after all.

student4714

New

Post by student4714 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Sweet sweet summer child
Are grades going to be released on Monday since its a holiday? Or are we going to have to wait until Tuesday/Has anyone ever gotten a grade over the weekend as an upperclassmen

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:40 pm

student4714 wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Sweet sweet summer child
Are grades going to be released on Monday since its a holiday? Or are we going to have to wait until Tuesday/Has anyone ever gotten a grade over the weekend as an upperclassmen
Lol no, the registrar doesn’t work on the weekend

Some grades may not come in for another week. Last semester I got one grade two weeks after the end of the grace period.

student4714

New

Post by student4714 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Hand wrote:
student4714 wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Sweet sweet summer child

Some grades may not come in for another week. Last semester I got one grade two weeks after the end of the grace period.
I figured but was hopefully optimistic. Let the cell phone grade refreshing once per five seconds resume on Tuesday and continue for a few more days.

Anonnonnon

Bronze

Post by Anonnonnon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Hand wrote:
student4714 wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Sweet sweet summer child

Just as an update - I received a grade over a weekend

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Anonnonnon wrote:
Hand wrote:
student4714 wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Sweet sweet summer child

Hell just froze over

I still have no grades at all at his point for what it’s worth

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

checkmark123

New

Post by checkmark123 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:15 pm

checkmark123 wrote:To those who struck out at EIW: How did you manage your job search after the fact? What did you end up landing, and when?
Bump...?

student4714

New

Post by student4714 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:34 pm

Hand wrote:
Anonnonnon wrote:
Hand wrote:
student4714 wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Sweet sweet summer child

Hell just froze over

I still have no grades at all at his point for what it’s worth
All these stories of getting grades over the weekend or people who already have all their grades simply build up our hopes only to be crushed every time we refresh the final grades tab and final see ...... nothing

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 pm

student4714 wrote:All these stories of getting grades over the weekend or people who already have all their grades simply build up our hopes only to be crushed every time we refresh the final grades tab and final see ...... nothing
There's no excuse for having hope relative to anything controlled by the GULC registrar. You have been duly warned.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:36 am

Hand wrote:1L grades were supposedly released yesterday. I wonder how Tiffany did.
the fact that there haven't been a dozen TLS threads asking "I did so-and-so on my exams at GULC am I fucked" provides some indication that maybe the registrar didn't meet the deadline though

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ball is life

New

Post by ball is life » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:52 am

Hand wrote:
Hand wrote:1L grades were supposedly released yesterday. I wonder how Tiffany did.
the fact that there haven't been a dozen TLS threads asking "I did so-and-so on my exams at GULC am I fucked" provides some indication that maybe the registrar didn't meet the deadline though
They still don't have civ pro, legal justice seminar or torts up.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:12 am

ball is life wrote:
Hand wrote:
They still don't have civ pro, legal justice seminar or torts up.
Damn things really are even worse than usual on the registrar front this round

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 am

ball is life

New

Post by ball is life » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 am

Gray wrote:what is legal justice seminar
Section 3 class I think

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ball is life

New

Post by ball is life » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 am

Hand wrote:
Is the general consensus on this that below median is fucked and above top-third is reasonably safe chance at biglaw assuming competent interviewing skills and targeting?

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:54 am

ball is life wrote:
Hand wrote:
Is the general consensus on this that below median is fucked and above top-third is reasonably safe chance at biglaw assuming competent interviewing skills and targeting?
Better grades are better, but you'd have to do pretty terribly to be unsalvageable

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:13 pm

ball is life wrote:
Hand wrote:
Nah, below median isn't necessarily fucked; like Gray I also know people with 3.1x GPAs who landed a big law gig but you are of course facing an uphill battle with a GPA anywhere in the 3.0 to 3.2 range. You presumably are fucked if you have a sub 3.0 GPA at the end of the year.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”