Bancroft Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
JDJohnP21

New

Bancroft

Post by JDJohnP21 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:17 pm

What do you guys know about Bancroft? I don't see it discussed nearly as much as other boutiques.

Mad Hatter

Silver

Re: Bancroft

Post by Mad Hatter » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:23 pm

It's so rarely discussed because it's so small and exclusive. As I understand it, you basically need to be a post-prestigious-A3-clerkship, SC-clerkship-competitive conservative to have a shot. I'm fairly certain the normal OCI/comp/etc. rules don't apply to them.

JDJohnP21

New

Post by JDJohnP21 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:27 pm

That sounds like a place I would love|( small, conservative firm)

smaug

Diamond

Post by smaug » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Teach me how to be a job effort troll. Thanks.

JDJohnP21

New

Post by JDJohnP21 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Smug
You are a troll.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

smaug

Diamond

Post by smaug » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:49 pm

But not a good one.

Teach me your ways.

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:50 pm

Troll on buddy :roll:

You should get into law school first before you ask about a firm that hires 1-2 people a year with credentials you'll never have.

JDJohnP21

New

Post by JDJohnP21 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:08 pm

TLS is so dumb. I ask these questions, because the things I ask are RARELY discussed. You guys bash people for asking a fair question. I'm not saying I'm good enough to go there ( I have a LONG way to go) I'm just saying, I think I'd love the firm. By the way, you don't know a DAMN thing about what my credentials will be like in the future. I have overcome challenges caused by my sight, who's to say I can't overcome the Biglaw hurdle? I know I have a long way to go(you guys don't have to remind me)

WheatThins

Bronze

Post by WheatThins » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:19 pm

It's a firm with like 15 lawyers, who all have the credentials that resemble this guy:

Good luck!

Zachary Hudson
D. Zachary Hudson is counsel at bancroft pllc. Mr. Hudson previously served as a law clerk to Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., in the Supreme Court of the United States and Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.

Mr. Hudson’s practice focuses on appellate litigation and strategic counseling, and spans a wide range of legal fields. Since joining Bancroft, he has argued cases in the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Seventh, Ninth, and D.C. Circuits and briefed cases in the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Seventh, Ninth, Eleventh, D.C., and Federal Circuits. He has also drafted submissions to the Department of Treasury, Patent and Trademark Office, Federal Communications Commission, Federal Trade Commission, U.S. International Trade Commission, and to the Office of the Solicitor General. Mr. Hudson also has experience coordinating complex litigation in the federal district courts and negotiating with domestic and foreign government entities.

Mr. Hudson graduated from Yale Law School, where he served as the Managing Editor of The Yale Law Journal and an Articles Editor on the Yale Law and Policy Review. He received his bachelor of science with honors from the United States Naval Academy, where he was selected as a Truman Scholar and Secretary of the Navy Distinguished Scholar, and his master of public policy from Georgetown University.

Before attending Yale, Mr. Hudson served as an engineering officer on the USS Santa Fe, a nuclear-powered fast attack submarine. He oversaw the training and management of a department of more than 60 personnel in charge of the safe operation of the submarine’s nuclear reactor. He also served in tactical positions on the submarine where he completed duties integral to the success of several missions vital to national security and briefed at the presidential level. Mr. Hudson received numerous awards for his military service, including the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal.

Mr. Hudson has published several scholarly works addressing issues of constitutional law and statutory interpretation. Those works include Eminent Domain Due Process, 119 Yale L.J. 1280, A Case for Varying Interpretive Deference at the State Level, 119 Yale L.J. 373, and Interpreting the Products of Direct Democracy, 28 Yale L. & Pol’y Rev. 223.

An Ohio native, Mr. Hudson is admitted to the bar of the State of Ohio and the District of Columbia.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JDJohnP21

New

Post by JDJohnP21 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:29 pm

I know it is hard. You guys don't have to tell me this. ALL I said was that I think I'd love the firm. Chill out guys.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:23 pm

JDJohnP21 wrote:I know it is hard. You guys don't have to tell me this. ALL I said was that I think I'd love the firm. Chill out guys.
I, for one, would love to fly to the moon.

JDJohnP21

New

Post by JDJohnP21 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:26 pm

ResolutePear
By all means, continue to mock me. I may not make Bancroft, but whatever happens I KNOW I will succeed in life. People have mocked me before ( stupid public school teachers told me I'd never get into private school because of my sight) Well not only did I get in, but I also got a half tuition scholarship. The public schools were wrong, and I laugh whenever I think about it.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:47 pm

No one has said you won't succeed. You need to not flip out when people here yank your chain, because it just encourages them to do it even more.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bearsfan23

Gold

Post by bearsfan23 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:50 pm

In all seriousness, to work at Bancroft you need two things:

1. Insane legal/other prior work qualifications. Look at their website, elite appellate and Supreme Court clerkships are essentially a requirement. Everyone who gets hired there has tremendous accomplishments.

2. A Christian fundamentalist/deeply conservative point of view. Bancroft is definitely a firm with an agenda. If you're a normal, tolerant person who doesn't live and breathe conservative politics, chances are you won't fit in there, and they won't be interested in hiring you

JDJohnP21

New

Post by JDJohnP21 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Bearsfan23
Qualification 1 will be the hurdle. Qualification 2 will be a breeze( I am as far to the right as you can get, and as I have said I am a conservative High Anglican)
If you guys want to understand my political views, look up the Constitution Party, and look at thier platform.

WheatThins

Bronze

Post by WheatThins » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:12 pm

In all seriousness, you're really young and you shouldn't be worrying about any of this yet. Just go enjoy life and maybe work on broadening your view of the world.

Go to a normal college, meet people with all sorts of views and experiences. Work for a bit, travel, then think about law school. Hell, even Supreme Leader studied in Switzerland before being a dictator.

smaug

Diamond

Post by smaug » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:16 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:No one has said you won't succeed. You need to not flip out when people here yank your chain, because it just encourages them to do it even more.
Nony...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:29 pm

JDJohnP21 wrote:Bearsfan23
Qualification 1 will be the hurdle. Qualification 2 will be a breeze( I am as far to the right as you can get, and as I have said I am a conservative High Anglican)
If you guys want to understand my political views, look up the Constitution Party, and look at thier platform.
JDJohnP21 wrote:thier
JDJohnP21 wrote:thier
Ding.

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:42 pm

WheatThins wrote:It's a firm with like 15 lawyers, who all have the credentials that resemble this guy:

Good luck!

Zachary Hudson
D. Zachary Hudson is counsel at Bancroft PLLC. Mr. Hudson previously served as a law clerk to Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., in the Supreme Court of the United States and Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.

Mr. Hudson’s practice focuses on appellate litigation and strategic counseling, and spans a wide range of legal fields. Since joining Bancroft, he has argued cases in the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Seventh, Ninth, and D.C. Circuits and briefed cases in the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Seventh, Ninth, Eleventh, D.C., and Federal Circuits. He has also drafted submissions to the Department of Treasury, Patent and Trademark Office, Federal Communications Commission, Federal Trade Commission, U.S. International Trade Commission, and to the Office of the Solicitor General. Mr. Hudson also has experience coordinating complex litigation in the federal district courts and negotiating with domestic and foreign government entities.

Mr. Hudson graduated from Yale Law School, where he served as the Managing Editor of The Yale Law Journal and an Articles Editor on the Yale Law and Policy Review. He received his bachelor of science with honors from the United States Naval Academy, where he was selected as a Truman Scholar and Secretary of the Navy Distinguished Scholar, and his master of public policy from Georgetown University.

Before attending Yale, Mr. Hudson served as an engineering officer on the USS Santa Fe, a nuclear-powered fast attack submarine. He oversaw the training and management of a department of more than 60 personnel in charge of the safe operation of the submarine’s nuclear reactor. He also served in tactical positions on the submarine where he completed duties integral to the success of several missions vital to national security and briefed at the presidential level. Mr. Hudson received numerous awards for his military service, including the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal.

Mr. Hudson has published several scholarly works addressing issues of constitutional law and statutory interpretation. Those works include Eminent Domain Due Process, 119 Yale L.J. 1280, A Case for Varying Interpretive Deference at the State Level, 119 Yale L.J. 373, and Interpreting the Products of Direct Democracy, 28 Yale L. & Pol’y Rev. 223.

An Ohio native, Mr. Hudson is admitted to the bar of the State of Ohio and the District of Columbia.
wow.
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

JDJohnP21

New

Post by JDJohnP21 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Chuck bass
You are a snobbish loser.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:51 pm

JDJohnP21 wrote:Chuck bass
You are a snobbish loser.
Don't worry you can still land a good firm just look at DF.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:53 pm

They literally have 12 attorneys

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:55 pm

legends159 wrote:Troll on buddy :roll:

You should get into collegelaw schoolfirst before you ask about a firm that hires 1-2 people a year with credentials you'll never have.

JDJohnP21

New

Post by JDJohnP21 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Guys, Does HYS respect good UK universities? Along with my US options, I am very interested in Durham and St. Andrews.

hairbear7

Silver

Post by hairbear7 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Wait have you not even started undergrad?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”