US Senate/House Judiciary Clerkships Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
nreese970

New

US Senate/House Judiciary Clerkships

Post by nreese970 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Incoming 1L at Wisconsin.

Are these fairly limited to the T14? They're not frequently mentioned so there isn't a great deal of info online about who gets these clerkships. I did a quick search on LinkedIn and noticed a few people who attended TTTs and served as law clerks on the Senate and House Judiciary committees, but it seemed anecdotal. For the record, they do have some available over the summer and available to recent law grads, in case your point is UW is physically too far to consider.

ndirish2010

Gold

Re: US Senate/House Judiciary Clerkships

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:39 pm

nreese970 wrote:Incoming 1L at Wisconsin.

Are these fairly limited to the T14? They're not frequently mentioned so there isn't a great deal of info online about who gets these clerkships. I did a quick search on LinkedIn and noticed a few people who attended TTTs and served as law clerks on the Senate and House Judiciary committees, but it seemed anecdotal. For the record, they do have some available over the summer and available to recent law grads, in case your point is UW is physically too far to consider.
Well, I know of someone at ND who was a summer clerk on the Senate Judiciary Committee. And I also know of someone who went to a TTTT who just got hired by a Senator on the committee for an actual job. Granted, this guy clerked for a circuit judge, but still.

kay2016

Silver

Re: US Senate/House Judiciary Clerkships

Post by kay2016 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:23 pm

If you're still interested, PM me

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”