References/Letters

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Cooldude17

References/Letters

Postby Cooldude17 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:43 pm

When you apply for summer work/jobs after you graduate, do you just need references or do you also need rec letters. If you need letters, is it cool to ask the same place for a letter everytime? I'm interning at a firm right now and I'll definitely use them as a reference/letter but how do I go about getting it. Ask for a letter every year? Also is it okay to get more than one reference/letter from the same place? This just came to my mind and it's been bugging me

Re: References/Letters

Postby 2014 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:48 pm

References are more common but I'm sure there are a few rare jobs that want letters. I would ask them your last week if they would be willing to write you a letter should one be necessary and that you will keep in touch if that will be the case. If you do find a job that needs one, ask them then and at the same time be sure to ask them to keep it on file in case another job comes up down the road.

Cooldude17

Re: References/Letters

Postby Cooldude17 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:34 am

Okay cool thanks

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”