Possible c and f issue

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Possible c and f issue

Postby Aquila » Fri May 22, 2015 8:28 pm

Gonna make this very simply. I Was president of a fraternity at a time we were being investigated for hazing involving a sorority. My fraternity was found to be in the wrong and one of our punishments was for the president to step down "due to failure to lead effectively." It is not reflected on my judicial record whatsoever nor was i considered/held to be at fault whatsoever. If it matters, ill be attending a pa law school

Re: Possible c and f issue

Postby UndecidedMN » Fri May 22, 2015 9:46 pm

It is in your academic record? Here is the thing, the bar association doesn't penalize you so much for what you do as for what you fail to disclose. I am not sure if its relevant. You need to look at your bar school application and whatever jurisdiction's bar application to see if you need to disclose. One thing though, if they type your name in google and it comes up, just disclose it.

I would highly recommend you to speak to a C&F attorney. They know the system and can advise you best. At least contact the state board and ask them confidentially.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”