0L summer internship advice

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
movemountains

0L summer internship advice

Postby movemountains » Tue May 12, 2015 4:47 pm

I've done nothing but play since receiving my admission a couple of months ago and although I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm fed up with being unemployed and having nothing to do, so I want to pursue a summer internship before going to law school. I have two options that both appeal to me.
- One is at a public interest legal clinic. I won't be paid much, but I'll have regular work hours. I also have no prior legal experience, so working here may be (not sure how much) helpful in terms of becoming accustomed to legal jargon, etc.
- One is at a consulting firm. Although I have no prior legal experience, my resume so far is focused on several public interest summer internships, so working at a consulting firm may help offset any doubts potential employers may have (although I'm guessing summer internships aren't a high factor in employment). It also pays much more, but not super substantially.
I'm interested in both, and feel both are great opportunities that I can benefit from. That being said, would choosing any one of the two have a difference later on in law school, whether academically or during OCI? I'm K-JD (I graduated in the winter - long story)

PourMeTea

Re: 0L summer internship advice

Postby PourMeTea » Tue May 12, 2015 4:49 pm

This is a very vague question, and the answer is maybe. If you're bored and unemployed and like either option, go for it.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”