Resume review please?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
fisheatbananas

Resume review please?

Postby fisheatbananas » Thu May 07, 2015 2:24 am

Hi, I'm a 0L looking for any current law students or graduates that'd be willing to review my resume for me. It'd be as a draft to use when I become a 1L, not for applications since I've already committed to a school for the fall. Please pm me, thank you in advance.

Clearly

Re: Resume review please?

Postby Clearly » Thu May 07, 2015 2:50 am

It's a waste of time, your school will provide you with a lot more information on resumes throughout your first semester.

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Thu May 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Clearly wrote:It's a waste of time, your school will provide you with a lot more information on resumes throughout your first semester.

Ok, I hope that is true in my case !

Indy16

Postby Indy16 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:12 pm

fisheatbananas wrote:Hi, I'm a 0L looking for any current law students or graduates that'd be willing to review my resume for me. It'd be as a draft to use when I become a 1L, not for applications since I've already committed to a school for the fall. Please pm me, thank you in advance.

Harvard has a handful of resume samples with some quick advice available online if you’re really looking to do some work on it now. Just Google Harvard Law Resume

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Fri May 08, 2015 2:38 am

Indy16 wrote:
fisheatbananas wrote:Hi, I'm a 0L looking for any current law students or graduates that'd be willing to review my resume for me. It'd be as a draft to use when I become a 1L, not for applications since I've already committed to a school for the fall. Please pm me, thank you in advance.

Harvard has a handful of resume samples with some quick advice available online if you’re really looking to do some work on it now. Just Google Harvard Law Resume

Thanks for your advice. I've actually been looking at Harvard as well as Georgetown's sample resumes, so it's good to hear I'm on the right track.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri May 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Seriously though, you're wasting your time, you're gonna have to redo this anyway. It's May, go outside and enjoy what life you have left.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri May 08, 2015 4:16 pm

A friend of mine told me that if you're going to do anything to prepare for 1L, finishing a draft of your resume is not a bad idea. There's not a huge window between Career Services being allowed to talk to you and the opening day for 1L applications, and you're going to be busy with other shit.

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Sat May 09, 2015 10:13 am

Clearly wrote:Seriously though, you're wasting your time, you're gonna have to redo this anyway. It's May, go outside and enjoy what life you have left.

mmm i should. i have work tho, so working on my resume on a slow day didn't seem like a bad idea

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Sat May 09, 2015 10:14 am

Gray wrote:A friend of mine told me that if you're going to do anything to prepare for 1L, finishing a draft of your resume is not a bad idea. There's not a huge window between Career Services being allowed to talk to you and the opening day for 1L applications, and you're going to be busy with other shit.

is your friend a law student? i got the idea of doing this when i read law school confidential, btw

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat May 09, 2015 11:24 am

fisheatbananas wrote:
Gray wrote:A friend of mine told me that if you're going to do anything to prepare for 1L, finishing a draft of your resume is not a bad idea. There's not a huge window between Career Services being allowed to talk to you and the opening day for 1L applications, and you're going to be busy with other shit.

is your friend a law student? i got the idea of doing this when i read law school confidential, btw

yep an IRL friend - 3L headed to a v20, for whatever that's worth. he actually strongly recommends it.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

i'll take a look if you want

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Sun May 10, 2015 8:26 pm

Gray wrote:
fisheatbananas wrote:

yep an IRL friend - 3L headed to a v20, for whatever that's worth. he actually strongly recommends it.

oh wow okay, thank you for the advice!

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Sun May 10, 2015 8:26 pm

jbagelboy wrote:i'll take a look if you want

thank you, i will PM you

Longtimecoming19

Postby Longtimecoming19 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:02 am

I'll also take a look if you'd like.

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Tue May 12, 2015 3:16 am

Longtimecoming19 wrote:I'll also take a look if you'd like.

Thank you so much! I will PM you too

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”