What to read summer before law school? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
pancakes3

Platinum

Re: What to read summer before law school?

Post by pancakes3 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:59 pm

Oh, if you didn't even have HS history then yeah. I can see how you'd be a little lost. The last substantive historical coursework you had was... making hand turkeys for thanksgiving?

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Sat May 02, 2015 4:43 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Oh, if you didn't even have HS history then yeah. I can see how you'd be a little lost. The last substantive historical coursework you had was... making hand turkeys for thanksgiving?
US history, yeah. Hand turkeys were pretty much it. And some weird thing in seventh grade where we reenacted the Boston Tea Party. I imagine I'm not the only person who pretty much learned US history in conlaw.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Sat May 02, 2015 5:02 pm

There are a few students from other countries (Canada and over the oceans) in your law school section, they all did fine in ConLaw even if occasionally they didn't understand a reference the Professor was making in class (like Youngstown took place during the Korean War, so it seemed important to ensure the steel mills were operating... if you don't know what the Korean War was all about, you'll be fine) . Don't feel like you need to pick up a US History book. If you're ever confused by something you can quickly wikipedia it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”