Textbook Answer Keys/Guides

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
OneLisfun

Textbook Answer Keys/Guides

Postby OneLisfun » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:54 pm

In most, if not all, of our textbooks, hypotheticals are posed, and professors in certain classes will often read from some kind of answer key, which has the opinions of the authors of the textbook on what the answers to their hypos are. What I would like to know is, is there any way that someone could get a copy of this "answer key" that some of the professors seem to be looking at when going over a hypo? I'm aware that some professors just state their opinion on the hypos, since there's always more than one answer, but I'm talking about professors who will say like "well, the author says this, and I agree or disagree." In those situations, it is clear the professor is somehow getting the author's opinion on the hypos, and I just want to know if anyone knows how to get a copy of that. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for any tips/advice!

prodigal.daughter

Re: Textbook Answer Keys/Guides

Postby prodigal.daughter » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:22 am

A lot of times textbooks have student and teacher editions, and the teacher editions show answers, explanations, and tips. Generally speaking, it is not easy to get your hands on a teacher edition without, you know, being the teacher.

At least, that's true for high school and undergraduate textbooks, and I imagine it wouldn't be too different for law textbooks.
Last edited by prodigal.daughter on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneLisfun

Postby OneLisfun » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:48 pm

Thank you for the response. Any ideas for how one would get his hands on the teacher's addition? I assume this wouldn't be considered cheating, right?

prodigal.daughter

Postby prodigal.daughter » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Honestly, I have no idea. The only teacher editions I've ever had my hands on were when I was actually teaching a class. I know they're available through the publisher, but, again, publishers tend to send them with sets or send them only to teachers. Maybe try ebay or amazon?

As to the question of cheating... I'm not sure. It probably depends on what you use the teacher edition for, and it probably depends on your school's / prof's policies. When in doubt, you should probably check with your prof.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”