Dragon Software

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Aquila

Dragon Software

Postby Aquila » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Forgive me if this question has been asked 100 times. I did notice that there has been some discussion about Dragon voice recognition software in the past but I have not found anything that was relatively recent. Does anybody use the software in law school at any capacity, for dictation or for Transcription. Do professors allow you to record lectures or is it on a case-by-case, University by University basis?

Any input from actual experiences in law school would be appreciated!

Eladriel

Re: Dragon Software

Postby Eladriel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:42 pm

PA337 wrote:Forgive me if this question has been asked 100 times. I did notice that there has been some discussion about Dragon voice recognition software in the past but I have not found anything that was relatively recent. Does anybody use the software in law school at any capacity, for dictation or for Transcription. Do professors allow you to record lectures or is it on a case-by-case, University by University basis?

Any input from actual experiences in law school would be appreciated!

You're not the only person with that thought--I had the exact same question. Thanks for posting!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”