Question about attending Pace Law School Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
baintl20

New

Question about attending Pace Law School

Post by baintl20 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:58 pm

I have a question about attending Pace Law school. I know it is ranked very low and considered a bad option for law school. However, say you would be going there for virtually nothing -scholarships, financial aid, plus I live 5 minutes from the school back in Westchester (no room and board). Would going to this school part time for virtually no cost while also working elsewhere be a good decision? Just curious!

Thanks!

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: Question about attending Pace Law School

Post by Tiago Splitter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:42 pm

Why do you want to go?

baintl20

New

Post by baintl20 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:25 pm

I want to go because I would truly love to practice law, especially in the Westchester area of New York. However, I don't want to spend a large sum of money or take out many loans. I really would want to work in the public sector as well- for the county or such. I also want to work while I attend law school, and working from home while attending law school part time, at least I think, would be a decent plan.

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:29 pm

baintl20 wrote:I want to go because I would truly love to practice law, especially in the Westchester area of New York. However, I don't want to spend a large sum of money or take out many loans. I really would want to work in the public sector as well- for the county or such. I also want to work while I attend law school, and working from home while attending law school part time, at least I think, would be a decent plan.
I believe Fordham has a much better part time program and would give you a better chance of becoming a lawyer.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:57 pm

baintl20 wrote:I want to go because I would truly love to practice law, especially in the Westchester area of New York. However, I don't want to spend a large sum of money or take out many loans. I really would want to work in the public sector as well- for the county or such. I also want to work while I attend law school, and working from home while attending law school part time, at least I think, would be a decent plan.
Not a terrible plan since it's free but your odds of getting a job are pretty low. Take a look at Law School Transparencys data for the school

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ballcaps

Silver

Post by ballcaps » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:01 pm

yomisterd wrote:
I believe Fordham has a much better part time program and would give you a better chance of becoming a lawyer.
this seems like the right idea - no debt + part-time sounds just fine - but there are certainly much better part-time programs available in NY. i'd look into those.

http://www.lstscorereports.com/state/NY/

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:13 pm

ballcaps wrote:
yomisterd wrote:
this seems like the right idea - no debt + part-time sounds just fine - but there are certainly much better part-time programs available in NY. i'd look into those.

http://www.lstscorereports.com/state/NY/
I actually think Fordham is the best one. Unfortunately it's not terribly easy to get to from Westchester and COL around Fordham is insane. OTOH Pace is not a good school if you want to be employed as a lawyer.

OP I know you won't do this but your best bet is to get a job, retake the LSAT, and get a better sense of why you're going to law school. Right now it sounds like you have a weak LSAT score and just want to kick back with mom and dad for a few more years while you figure things out. If you do go to Pace understand you'll probably be hustling very hard to find work at a firm of 2-10 attorneys.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”