A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
unemployable

Postby unemployable » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:48 pm

Last edited by unemployable on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fats provolone

Re: Nuke Eng. degree. Can I get IPSECURE with the right WE?

Postby fats provolone » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:04 pm

weren't nukes invented in the 40s? i think those patents have all expired

unemployable

Postby unemployable » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:08 pm

fats provolone wrote:weren't nukes invented in the 40s? i think those patents have all expired

theyre still working on new reactor designs and fuel assemblies and reprocessing/recycling methods and stuff. Lots of technologies being developed for the energy production side of things. My curriculum was mainly focused on the peaceful applications of nuclear technology.

eta I guess you were joking, but with a degree in nuclear engineering it's not like I would only be good for working on nuclear related patents, right?

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:42 pm

you can't just opt for building weapons of mass destruction? that's what I'd do if given the choice. or is that more a matter of genetically engineering viruses these days?

Attax

Re: Nuclear Eng. degree. Can I get IPSECURE with the right WE?

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:07 pm

IPSecure is not a thing anymore. With AIA and Alice you can expect IP to not be secure.

That being said, a full to a T10 will set you up great for biglaw, even if you don't go IP.

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm

hereisonehand wrote:you can't just opt for building weapons of mass destruction? that's what I'd do if given the choice

Iran is need of help in this area. All of their nuclear scientists seem to have a penchant for dying mysteriously

Ramius

Re: Nuclear Eng. degree. Can I get IPSECURE with the right WE?

Postby Ramius » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:48 pm

You're eligible for IP and patent law, which is what you need. Beyond that, if you're T10 secure on full ride, you're probably in a good place. Focus on good 1L grades and work hard, you'll likely be fine in getting a good outcome.

You're not out of the tunnel, but you have good momentum through it.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”