2008 Grad;just paid off last of law school loans; taking Q Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Harbaugh

New

Re: 2008 Grad;just paid off last of law school loans; taking Q

Post by Harbaugh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:08 pm

How long do you think it would have taken to payoff if you stayed in NY?
So taking vacations is actually feasible doing biglaw?
What price range was your apartment?[/quote]

I probably would have paid off the loans a little quicker if I stayed in NY because I would have been making more money and wouldn't have bought a car/house, etc.

Yes, of course vacations are feasible. You can't survive the job without taking vacations.

My apartment was over $3K a month in NY.

Harbaugh

New

Post by Harbaugh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:10 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
Harbaugh wrote:Graduated in 2008. Just paid off last of my law school loans. Taking questions.
all i have to say to this thread: congratulations.
Thank you!

ub3r

Bronze

Post by ub3r » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Harbaugh wrote:I did go to a T14, but wasn't offered a full scholarship anywhere. I definitely could have gone to some cheaper schools w/ some scholarship and that would have probably been even worse.
What do you mean that a cheaper school w/ some scholarship would be worse (since it would have obviously cost less)? Are you talking about job prospects and success after school?

Harbaugh

New

Post by Harbaugh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:26 pm

ub3r wrote:
Harbaugh wrote:I did go to a T14, but wasn't offered a full scholarship anywhere. I definitely could have gone to some cheaper schools w/ some scholarship and that would have probably been even worse.
What do you mean that a cheaper school w/ some scholarship would be worse (since it would have obviously cost less)? Are you talking about job prospects and success after school?
Yes, exactly. I probably would have made less money and have more limited job options down the road.

tortsandtiaras

Bronze

Post by tortsandtiaras » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:39 pm

Regardless, you are free now...so with that, congratulations! I hope I can in a similar situation as you later on in life:)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”