Transfer Questions.

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Transfer Questions.

Postby syh0912029 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:44 am

Hello, guys.

I am trying to get some information, advice and the experiences if any.

I am planning to apply to those of the law schools that have cheaper tuition cost. After finishing my 1L, I plan to transfer to T14 schools.

If I start my 1L at #70~100 law schools, is it possible transferring to those T14? if T14 is just too much by the reality-based on the scenario, I am thinking about getting my shot down to T30's.

Thanks in advance :D

Re: Transfer Questions.

Postby failkaito » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:00 am

I'm not one of the more veteran posters, but 0L's are not allowed to post in the transfers forum. This will get quickly shut down, sorry to say.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:05 am

Moved to correct forum (I can't always move the threads because sometimes people post anonymously, and there's no anon in this forum).

But OP, why do you think cost is related to ranking? And how much will you realistically save? It's extremely unrealistic to bank on transferring.

Postby BVest » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:36 am

Do not go to law school expecting to transfer. Attend a law school you would be proud to graduate from. The fact is that the vast majority of students, even at TTs, are very smart and very driven, and yet 90% of them will not be in the top 10% of their class after 1L.

Yes, there are some students who are geniuses (genii? whatever, clearly that doesn't apply to me) among geniuses who will certainly be top 10% at their school barring a complete meltdown, but those who are in that position also have the smarts necessary to retake the LSAT and pull a score high enough so that 3 years at a T14 (or just outside) school with $$$ is cheaper than a free 1L at LSU followed by sticker for two years at their transfer school.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”