DF Thread Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
rubberplant2020

New

Re: Do not pay 300k to have my life

Post by rubberplant2020 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:50 am

The thing is she shouldve never started law school. She knew she wanted to be with her kids. O I guess she thought once she finished law school she would have more time as a lawyer.

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:51 am

nucky thompson wrote:
chem! wrote:Please point out the inconsistency in my narrative.

Yes, my story is incomplete. I do not wish to air every detail of my life, and I shouldn't have to do so. A couple of posters have made blanket assumptions that have come across as insulting. I responded with what I felt was adequate information under the circumstances.
The seeming* inconsistency is that you dropped out to spend more time with your kids. you are now about to start another teaching job. Yet, you stated you do nothing by half measure. Teaching is a tremendous time sink itself, maybe more than law school. Also, the impression left by your posts in this thread is that you could not have foreseen the incompatibility of law school and your family life without deeply considering the law school path before enrollment, something you apparently didn't do. However, the incompatibility is facially obvious. So really, your narrative is not one of "I fell for the law school scam/I was a naive law applicsnt" which would be relevant to this thread so much as you simply changed your mind about your priorities/pain tolerance for necessary sacrifices.

All of which is your personal business. But you made it relevant to this thread by stating your anecdote. Instead of you and your white knight moderator getting so Russeled by some pushback, you could have simply been responsive to his or her points or you could have withdrawn your anecdote as being relevant to the thread. Or you could do what you did, ie let an Internet poster get you very rattled and defensive.
I'm not a big fan of KYS, but KYS.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:55 am

lol what is going on in this thread? a sequence of 0Ls with no social skills? unjustified confidence? something else? just lol.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:56 am

nucky thompson wrote:

Yes, my story is incomplete. I do not wish to air every detail of my life, and I shouldn't have to do so. A couple of posters have made blanket assumptions that have come across as insulting. I responded with what I felt was adequate information under the circumstances.
The seeming* inconsistency is that you dropped out to spend more time with your kids. you are now about to start another teaching job. Yet, you stated you do nothing by half measure. Teaching is a tremendous time sink itself, maybe more than law school. Also, the impression left by your posts in this thread is that you could not have foreseen the incompatibility of law school and your family life without deeply considering the law school path before enrollment, something you apparently didn't do. However, the incompatibility is facially obvious. So really, your narrative is not one of "I fell for the law school scam/I was a naive law applicsnt" which would be relevant to this thread so much as you simply changed your mind about your priorities/pain tolerance for necessary sacrifices.

All of which is your personal business. But you made it relevant to this thread by stating your anecdote. Instead of you and your white knight moderator getting so Russeled by some pushback, you could have simply been responsive to his or her points or you could have withdrawn your anecdote as being relevant to the thread. Or you could do what you did, ie let an Internet poster get you very rattled and defensive.
It would help if you read the posts where she talked about having taught before. The implication that she's going from the frying pan to the fire - which somehow people took and ran with - is inaccurate when you're talking about someone going back to the job they held before law school without problems. And there's nothing in what chem said that suggests she didn't deeply consider law school before she started. That's another assumption people made that added nothing to the conversation.

And yep, I'll white knight chem, because she's my friend and she brings a really valuable perspective to this forum, but mostly I have a low tolerance for people who can't read and who condescend to tell others why their personal choices are bad.

Mick Haller

Silver

Post by Mick Haller » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:57 am

Anyone else remember when nucky called out Ken in the thread about Ken's real estate practice? Pretty sure Ken called him "fucky" a few times

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:59 am

ymmv wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:

That's a thing? Telling people to kill themselves? Though I can think of nothing more toxic to post on an Internet forum, you won't get banned cause you're in the real life forever alone but online super poster fraternal order. so, the mod who just banned someone for pushing back on a poster's anecdote won't ban you, even though you just recommended another poster commit suicide
Last edited by nucky thompson on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:59 am

nucky thompson wrote:
ymmv wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:

That's a thing? Telling people to kill themselves? Though I can think of nothing more toxic to post on an Internet forum, you won't get banned cause your in the real life forever alone but online super poster fraternal order so that mod the just banned someone for pushing back on a posters anecdote won't ban you who just recommended someone commit suicide
what

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:59 am

nucky thompson wrote: That's a thing? Telling people to kill themselves? Though I can think of nothing more toxic to post on an Internet forum, you won't get banned cause your in the real life forever alone but online super poster fraternal order so that mod the just banned someone for pushing back on a posters anecdote won't ban you who just recommended someone commit suicide
You should read more books.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:00 am

"turd in the punch bowl" seems like a pretty apt description of a few of the posters in this thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mick Haller

Silver

Post by Mick Haller » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:02 am

Ken wrote:I personally would give Fucky a 1 in both categories, but that is just interpretation.

I do appreciate being forgiven though since I did beat cancer. I was also hit by a car going 45 mph while walking on the sidewalk with my father right after I graduated from Berkeley Law. Coming close to death several times did throw away a few inhibitions.

Yes, I do believe in the greatness of myself and that of the TLS community. Why hide that I am thankful to be alive and proud of my success and hope others achieve personal success as well. I do not fear death, I fear living a mediocre life.

To the TLS community, live fully and for yourself. Cheers,

Ken

P.S.

Using Fucky instead of Nucky was very purposeful (see next few threads). It was too good to not use.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... y&start=50

Mick Haller

Silver

Post by Mick Haller » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:04 am

apparently Fucky has a weird fascination with calling out TLS mods/founder at every opportunity.

mmelittlechicken

Gold

Post by mmelittlechicken » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:04 am

impressive fuckboy work, mick

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:04 am

Does the online fraternal order have a lodge? Do we get fezes? I would like a fez.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rubberplant2020

New

Post by rubberplant2020 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:04 am

Mick Haller wrote:
Ken wrote:I personally would give Fucky a 1 in both categories, but that is just interpretation.

I do appreciate being forgiven though since I did beat cancer. I was also hit by a car going 45 mph while walking on the sidewalk with my father right after I graduated from Berkeley Law. Coming close to death several times did throw away a few inhibitions.

Yes, I do believe in the greatness of myself and that of the TLS community. Why hide that I am thankful to be alive and proud of my success and hope others achieve personal success as well. I do not fear death, I fear living a mediocre life.

To the TLS community, live fully and for yourself. Cheers,

Ken

P.S.

Using Fucky instead of Nucky was very purposeful (see next few threads). It was too good to not use.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... y&start=50
Nice

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:05 am

Also, I never get why people don't blink at "fuck you" but clutch their pearls over "kill yourself."

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:06 am

You sperglord 0Ls need Jesus.

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:06 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Does the online fraternal order have a lodge? Do we get fezes? I would like a fez.
I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:06 am

Great content on tls but it does always amuse me how quickly the fraternal order can assemble the troops to defend vulnerable members of the gang

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:07 am

mmelittlechicken

Gold

Post by mmelittlechicken » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:08 am

well, now I know what I'm getting the aschups next Christmas.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:08 am

nucky thompson wrote:Great content on tls but it does always amuse me how quickly the fraternal order can assemble the troops to defend vulnerable members of the gang
Chem can (and did) defend herself just fine, what the fuck are you talking about.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:09 am

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:09 am

rubberplant2020 wrote:
Nice

This was pretty fantastic:
DAC wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:several quotes
You're the quintessence of what is wrong with many pre-law/law students: so certain that they are smart, clever... amazingly analytical. In reality, you are likely only mediocre in all of these categories. The bell-curve is a bitch, man.

Your original approach to the thread (i.e. dissecting it as if it were an LSAT passage) not only shows that you have the wit and social tact of a tadpole on crack, but it also shows that you have very poor interpretation skills.

If you are anything IRL like your persona in this thread, dude, you're simply insufferable.

Try to be a human. Know your limitations. If you can't color inside the lines - so be it, just don't hang up your artwork for the world to see.

Enjoy doc review.

mmelittlechicken

Gold

Post by mmelittlechicken » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:10 am

that is beautiful

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:10 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Also, I never get why people don't blink at "fuck you" but clutch their pearls over "kill yourself."
Wow. They let you moderate Internet forums?

Let me spell it out for you: what happens to a poster that takes literally a fuck you? What happens to a poster that takes literally a kill your self?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”