Undergrad Transfer Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
CardinalAmbition

New

Undergrad Transfer

Post by CardinalAmbition » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forums as i am just beginning to consider Law School. During my Undergraduate career I transferred from Rutgers University to University of Miami. Unfortunately, I was ill during my last semester at Rutgers and had a bad semester. (My final Rutgers GPA was 3.2) Since transferring though, I have been healthier and really worked hard and have a 4.0 through 2 semesters. If i continue this upward trend, alot of stock be put in my Rutgers GPA?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, What i am also afraid of is that they'll admissions would say "Oh, Miami must simply be an easier school" and disregard my Miami GPA,

haus

Gold

Re: Undergrad Transfer

Post by haus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Highly unlikely anyone will care about your grades at a specific school, they will only care about your overall LSAC calculated GPA.

When I applied my undergrad transcripts were made up of ~11 different colleges. My cycle went more or less as my numbers indicated they would.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”