Birmingham School of Law

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Pinktort

New

Birmingham School of Law

Postby Pinktort » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:47 pm

I recently graduated from Law School and I must say that I am so relieved to know that I have the following:

1.) No debt from Loans ( No Sallie Mae calling me after 6-9 months)

2.) I have the ability to practice in 28 out of the 50 states ( reciprocity)

3.) I obtained 4 years of legal- work experience ( fresh outta law school, sorry ABAs... Experience in these economic times means a lot to employers)

4.) I have connections that I promise you, I would not have obtained had I gone to an ABA accredited law school.

Don't allow small minded people to limit your knowledge. Great Lawyers know the exceptions. Think smarter, and not harder.
Last edited by Pinktort on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McAvoy

Gold

Re: Birmingham School of Law

Postby McAvoy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:51 pm

TFT.

sublime

Diamond

Postby sublime » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:55 pm

ronanOgara

Gold

Postby ronanOgara » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Pinktort wrote:I recently graduated from Law School and I must say that I am so relieved to know that I have the following:

1.) No debt from Loans ( No Sallie Mae calling me after 6-9 months)

2.) I have the ability to practice in 28 out of the 50 states ( reciprocity)

3.) I obtained 4 years of legal- work experience ( fresh outta law school, sorry ABAs... Experience in these economic times means a lot to employers)

4.) I have connections that I promise you, I would not have obtained had I gone to an ABA accredited law school.

Don't allow small minded people to limit your knowledge. Great Lawyers know the exceptions. Think smarter, and not smarter.

I'm a fan of Birmingham Law...but what point are you trying to prove here?

1.) I'm attending an ABA school and I won't have any debt from loans either...I got a full ride.
2.) Sure, you can legally practice in 28 states...but why would you go to Birmingham Law if you wanted to practice in any state not called Alabama? Chances are you'll never get the ability to practice in those 27 other states.
3.) legal-work experience?...yeah ABA schools have that as well.
4.) Yes, if your connections are with other students who attended a non-ABA accredited law school, you then most certainly have connections that you would not have obtained had you been able to attend an ABA accredited law school.

Birmingham Law is great for the purpose it serves. Don't confuse its purpose.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:47 pm

BSOL shill pls go

VVSLaw

New

Postby VVSLaw » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:58 pm

It’s nice to get a full ride to Law school, but not everyone applying to Law school is lucky to get a full ride. I think the point of the original post was to show that BSL is an alternative to the traditional Law school education, and considering that since 2014, Bar exam scores have gone done drastically amongst ABA and Non-ABA... I would put my money on going to the nonABA. At least I wouldnt’ be Suing my Law school cause i’m Underemployed or can’t get a job. Just a thought. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate?