Harvard Law / HLS - What would you do differently?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
sonyvaio18

New

Harvard Law / HLS - What would you do differently?

Postby sonyvaio18 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:37 am

Hey,

For any current or past HLS students, could you comment on:
• What you would do differently?
• What you most appreciated your time there?
• How you balanced life and work?

Thanks so much! :D

i got through 25% of the thread "Ask Current HLS students" thread, but it was hard to find material directly related to these questions (a lot of it seems to deal with job applications, housing, and other details). I wanted to create this thread so that there would be one spot for reflective materials.
Last edited by sonyvaio18 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

toothbrush

Gold

Re: Harvard Law / HLS - What would you do differently?

Postby toothbrush » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 am

sonyvaio18

New

Postby sonyvaio18 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:42 am

Thanks toothbrush. i got through 25% of the thread, but it was hard to find material directly related to these questions (a lot of it seems to deal with job applications, housing, and other details). I wanted to create this thread so that there would be one spot for reflective materials.

toothbrush

Gold

Postby toothbrush » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:46 am

sonyvaio18 wrote:Thanks toothbrush. i got through 25% of the thread, but it was hard to find material directly related to these questions (a lot of it seems to deal with job applications, housing, and other details). I wanted to create this thread so that there would be one spot for reflective materials.

I was suggesting that you post your question there. There are a lot of people who continuously respond to that thread who may or may not be checking this forum. One reason that the "ask a X student" threads are so big is because questions related to that school are funneled there - and those willing to answer those questions know to look there.

ph14

Gold

Postby ph14 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:37 pm

toothbrush wrote:
sonyvaio18 wrote:Thanks toothbrush. i got through 25% of the thread, but it was hard to find material directly related to these questions (a lot of it seems to deal with job applications, housing, and other details). I wanted to create this thread so that there would be one spot for reflective materials.

I was suggesting that you post your question there. There are a lot of people who continuously respond to that thread who may or may not be checking this forum. One reason that the "ask a X student" threads are so big is because questions related to that school are funneled there - and those willing to answer those questions know to look there.

+1. HLS alum and am happy to answer questions, but let's keep it in one place (also for the benefit of people who want to read the thread in the future).

sonyvaio18

New

Postby sonyvaio18 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:40 pm

sounds good! i'll post it there.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate?