Kids today Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
moonman157

Silver

Re: Kids today

Post by moonman157 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:06 pm

DELG wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
Flips88 wrote:If I could make $80k/year to talk about sports for a few hours a day, I'd be fucking ecstatic.
Me too, and I hate sports.

moonman157

Silver

Post by moonman157 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:07 pm

bjsesq wrote:
melodically wrote:
bjsesq wrote:Tell your net friend bjsesq hopes he gets HIV.
Wow.
No, not Wow. HIV.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:34 am

Last night boyfriend and I were talking about a couple who are his UG friends. They took jobs paying somewhere in the mid 50k - low 60k range in NYC, moved in together (which saved them money), never went to grad school, had no educational debt, lived fairly modestly, and built up savings over time. Now they're putting a down payment on a UWS apartment.

Meanwhile, in our $200k household, we're renting a one apartment shoebox and down payments are a pipe dream/fantasy.

Fucking law school.

Kafkaesquire

Bronze

Post by Kafkaesquire » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:29 am

dresden doll wrote:Last night boyfriend and I were talking about a couple who are his UG friends. They took jobs paying somewhere in the mid 50k - low 60k range in NYC, moved in together (which saved them money), never went to grad school, had no educational debt, lived fairly modestly, and built up savings over time. Now they're putting a down payment on a UWS apartment.

Meanwhile, in our $200k household, we're renting a one apartment shoebox and down payments are a pipe dream/fantasy.

Fucking law school.
Doesn't your perspective lack insight? You're probably much better off than your counterparts because of your trajectory.

It's like when Donald Trump was 8M in debt and thought the homeless guy asking for money was being a snob because, and I quote, "that man is 8M richer than I am."

DELG

Gold

Post by DELG » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:11 am

Kafkaesquire wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Last night boyfriend and I were talking about a couple who are his UG friends. They took jobs paying somewhere in the mid 50k - low 60k range in NYC, moved in together (which saved them money), never went to grad school, had no educational debt, lived fairly modestly, and built up savings over time. Now they're putting a down payment on a UWS apartment.

Fucking law school.
Doesn't your perspective lack insight? You're probably much better off than your counterparts because of your trajectory.

It's like when Donald Trump was 8M in debt and thought the homeless guy asking for money was being a snob because, and I quote, "that man is 8M richer than I am."
What trajectory do biglaw washouts have, do you suppose?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kafkaesquire

Bronze

Post by Kafkaesquire » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 am

DELG wrote:
Kafkaesquire wrote:

Fucking law school.

What trajectory do biglaw washouts have, do you suppose?
Downward

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”