what is your typical morning like??

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Bobby Jones

New

Re: what is your typical morning like??

Postby Bobby Jones » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:17 pm

When I was a 1L, I lived close to school, so I'd wake up 30 minutes before class, drink some coffee, get ready, and basically run to class.

As a 3L? Wake up late, make coffee and a hearty breakfast, spend an hour or 2 surfing the internet and watching sportscenter, go to the gym for a couple of hours, then shower and lunch. By this point it's already 1 pm and I've skipped my morning classes.

Candy Wrappers

New

Re: what is your typical morning like??

Postby Candy Wrappers » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:55 am

lawman4 wrote:As a top 20% IL, the only advice I have for you is to spend your mornings like any other human being. There is no need to get up and start acting like a crazy person in regards to prepping for school. Wake up, shower, eat breakfast while watching TV and then go to school. If you have to read in the morning, you are not doing it right.

For the record, the girl is my study group is most likely 1st in the class and she only spends Friday's reading/briefing for the next ensuing week. She uses the other 4-5 days to study in the afternoon after hell has brewed for the day.

Good luck and DO NOT burn yourself out. You will end up going crazy.

thanks for the advice :D i will take it to heart when i start 1L this fall.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate?