California Market for HLS Students Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
thestatusguo

Bronze

California Market for HLS Students

Post by thestatusguo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:41 am

Hi guys!

Just got my JS2 today and I thought I'd ask if anyone had any input; I'm in at the joint JD/MPP program at HLS/HKS but I'm really really hoping to get into the California (preferably northern/Bay Area) legal market; unfortunately, however, save for a few special people out in the area and summers/etc. spent in the area, I don't really have too many ties there. If I were to attend HLS (or HLS/HKS for the joint), how plausible would it be to try to get onto that coast? I'd bid for California firms and whatever else I'd need to do but how hard/unlikely would it be to land there? Is there anything special that I'd have to do?

tomwatts

Gold

Re: California Market for HLS Students

Post by tomwatts » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:07 am

My impression is that two threads on the same subject are discouraged, so I encourage anyone with responses to put them in the other topic.

hiima3L

Silver

Post by hiima3L » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:47 am

The Bay Area (SF specifically) has countless transplants. I really don't think you need ties. It's one of the most sought-after places to live and it is smugly aware of that.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:52 am

tomwatts wrote:My impression is that two threads on the same subject are discouraged, so I encourage anyone with responses to put them in the other topic.
Duplicate threads by the same poster in different forums are not allowed; this isn't the same topic as a general "taking questions" thread, so it's fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”