Looking for a roommate for 1L? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Caesar Salad

Diamond

Looking for a roommate for 1L?

Post by Caesar Salad » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:13 am

Hey all, I am currently looking at apartments for the coming school year and am trying to decide between finding a roommate or getting a studio. Ignoring the slim-to-nil-chance that I get into Michigan or Duke (waiting to hear back), if I go to law school in the fall it will be in Newark NJ. So far, it looks to be about $1,000-1,200 a month for a 1 bedroom compared to $1,600-1,800 for a 2 bedroom. I would much rather find a roommate(s) to get cheaper rent, but I don't know how to find roommates, specifically roommates who are also law students/students/professionals. I'm worried that otherwise the roommate could end up being a distraction. Is there anyone out there who has experience with getting a random roommate for 1L? Is there somewhere that I can look online to find roommates? Is there anyone going to be going to school in Newark looking for a sweet roommate...? :)

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”