Question about negotiation and seat deposit Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
bowwow

New

Question about negotiation and seat deposit

Post by bowwow » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 am

Hi just thought that it may go unnoticed under financial aid category so I am just writing here again because I think this really is something law students or graduates can give me advice on. I will delete one or the other if this is causing confusion/trouble.

This is about GW. I would have asked just for extension of the deadline for seat deposit for scholarship from GW (10k/yr) if I had not read here about the email sent out to the merit scholarship recipients by GW (last year March I think) saying that no changes would be made to the scholarship offer for anyone. Now the deadline is approaching fast (4/1) and I have about 4-5 other schools to hear back from about the decision. I have been waitlisted by GULC so I really think I need to wait further. I have more than double the amount of GW merit scholarship offers from USC and ND. But at this rate GW seems to offer the best job opportunity among the accepted schools so I definitely wanted to negotiate the scholarship but then I also would like to wait for other decisions as well. But I don't think it is wise to ask for them both at the same time.

What can one do in such a case? 1) negotiate first and then ask for extension? 2) ask for extension first and then wait for other law school decisions? 3) both? 4) keep on bothering GULC to let me in even if it might not even offer me any aid because that is the only best shot I've got in getting a job at biglaw? 5) Anything else?

Thanks for reading!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Question about negotiation and seat deposit

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:26 am

One thread per topic, please.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”