FL bar question Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Young Marino

Silver

FL bar question

Post by Young Marino » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:12 pm

So I know someone who's freaking out because he got fired from a job in high school and said he never did on his CLI application bit now has to put it on the FL bar application. I've never been fired from a job but I've done stupid shit like just stopped showing up and stuff. Would that pose any issue to getting through the bar application? What kind of stuff would hold someone back that wouldn't seem like a big deal?

Arpedzio

New

Re: FL bar question

Post by Arpedzio » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Debt problems (foreclosures and bankruptcies), criminal records, drug issues, mental health issues will get your application stopped in transit. I doubt anything to do with a part time job will be a problem. If you stopped showing up to your job as a paramedic or something else where people depend on you, though, then there might be a problem.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Arpedzio wrote:Debt problems (foreclosures and bankruptcies), criminal records, drug issues, mental health issues will get your application stopped in transit. I doubt anything to do with a part time job will be a problem. If you stopped showing up to your job as a paramedic or something else where people depend on you, though, then there might be a problem.
No important jobs. And mental health issues as in severe? I was once diagnosed with anxiety and prescribed Zoloft for it. I also had my license suspended once for a day due to a misunderstanding but it was taken care of immediately and I have a few speeding tickets on my record. That stuff shouldn't be a big issue right?

Arpedzio

New

Post by Arpedzio » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:15 am

No, but I can see your anxiety is flaring up. You'll be fine don't worry about it. They only flag really out of the ordinary things.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:23 pm

I know that when they send out questionnaires to your references, they ask if you have a history of being absent from school/work etc. I don't remember the exact wording of the question, but I doubt it will make a huge difference one way or another.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”