AnBryce: The Definitive Collection Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
ramp_999

New

Re: AnBryce: The Definitive Collection

Post by ramp_999 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:31 am

Yes, it was awesome getting to meet everyone and good luck to all the DC folks!

Anyone know whether the NY interviewees will be waiting until after the DC panel to hear back?

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:36 am

ramp_999 wrote:Yes, it was awesome getting to meet everyone and good luck to all the DC folks!

Anyone know whether the NY interviewees will be waiting until after the DC panel to hear back?
At the Meet & Greet with the Dean on Friday someone asked Prof. McKenzie if he knew when the NYC people would hear back, and he basically said they hadn't figured it out yet. It seemed like he thought they were leaning to having some of them go out this week, but most decisions being held until the DC panel. With that he said its possible they don't release anything til next week.

hammy393

Bronze

Post by hammy393 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:56 pm

FWIW I know someone who received the acceptance call today!

theothercat

Bronze

Post by theothercat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:17 pm

hammy393 wrote:FWIW I know someone who received the acceptance call today!
Weird, me too! ;) :D

Anyone else hear anything???

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:22 pm

theothercat wrote:
hammy393 wrote:FWIW I know someone who received the acceptance call today!
Weird, me too! ;) :D

Anyone else hear anything???
Also know someone who got the call today :shock: , I wonder how many people they notified

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scaredcrow

New

Post by scaredcrow » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Does anyone know NYU's timeline for sending out financial aid packages for finalists who aren't chosen for the scholarship? May 1 is looming!

Tr3

Silver

Post by Tr3 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:02 pm

scaredcrow wrote:Does anyone know NYU's timeline for sending out financial aid packages for finalists who aren't chosen for the scholarship? May 1 is looming!
Don't know the exact date, but should be a quick turn around after the DC panel interview (April 11).

theothercat

Bronze

Post by theothercat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi! Any current AnBrycers know what's going on with the decision timeline? I know of people who have gotten acceptance calls, rejection calls, and who are hanging on with radio silence (such as myself).

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:56 pm

Are any ABers still lurking this thread?

I've read this thread start to finish over 5 times now, and each read makes me more excited to apply. As far as I can tell, getting into NYU takes care of the numerical hurdle but are there questions about possible red flags on your transcript (I ask as a paranoid splitter)? Also, when is a good time to start reaching out to current ABers? It seems like most people here did it after receiving an invitation to be a finalist!

Super excited to apply, and thank you to everyone before who contributed!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Skool

Silver

Post by Skool » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:22 pm

clueless801 wrote:I've read this thread start to finish over 5 times now, and each read makes me more excited to apply. As far as I can tell, getting into NYU takes care of the numerical hurdle but are there questions about possible red flags on your transcript (I ask as a paranoid splitter)? Also, when is a good time to start reaching out to current ABers? It seems like most people here did it after receiving an invitation to be a finalist!Super excited to apply, and thank you to everyone before who contributed!
Hey, sorry we left you hanging here for the last month.

In terms of red flags on your transcript, do you mean like (W)ithdrawals? If the law school doesn't care enough about them to refuse you admission, I wouldn't worry about any possible "red flags."

In terms of reaching out, it's probably a bit early. I think this thread is a pretty strong resource for people who are just starting to think about their applications and essays. Finalists will be connected with current scholars who will answer questions ahead of the interview. Feel free to ask questions here. That said, assuming you show good judgment in your communications, there's probably no harm in reaching out to AnBrycers you have some kind of connection with.

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Just wanted to bump this for anyone who is applying to NYU this year. Anbryce is an incredible opportunity and if you qualify you should definitely apply. This thread has some great information if you are looking for more about the scholarship / the process. If you have questions I think there are a few of us around that will probably answer if you post here

SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Asked in a different thread but didn't get a definitive answer so I thought I 'd post here.

For AnBryce, does being the first to pursue a graduate or professional degree mean that one of your parents can still have a college bachelors degree and it's okay? I want to be SUPER careful before I apply that I don't certify I'm the first to pursue a "graduate or professional" degree if bachelors counts as one, because my father has a bachelors. No on in my family has ever gotten a masters, PhD, anything along those lines--which is how I am defining "graduate or professional" in my head, but I just want to double-check. I've never heard of a bachelors degree defined as a "graduate or professional degree," and a googling of those terms coupled with "bachelors" does not reveal an obvious link.

Tr3

Silver

Post by Tr3 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:04 pm

SopranoSaxophone wrote:Asked in a different thread but didn't get a definitive answer so I thought I 'd post here.

For AnBryce, does being the first to pursue a graduate or professional degree mean that one of your parents can still have a college bachelors degree and it's okay? I want to be SUPER careful before I apply that I don't certify I'm the first to pursue a "graduate or professional" degree if bachelors counts as one, because my father has a bachelors. No on in my family has ever gotten a masters, PhD, anything along those lines--which is how I am defining "graduate or professional" in my head, but I just want to double-check. I've never heard of a bachelors degree defined as a "graduate or professional degree," and a googling of those terms coupled with "bachelors" does not reveal an obvious link.
First to go beyond college. You should be fine to apply.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

misiaczek

New

Post by misiaczek » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:52 am

SopranoSaxophone wrote:Asked in a different thread but didn't get a definitive answer so I thought I 'd post here.

You're totally fine! My father has a bachelor's as well, but no one in the family has a graduate/professional degree - never was a problem in my interviews or in becoming an AnBryce scholar.

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Bumping this one last time for this year. Make sure you get your apps in before the deadline (typically 12/31?) if you are planning on applying. Good luck to everyone that is applying, we look forward to talking to you in the new year.

Prudence

New

Post by Prudence » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:55 am

I just submitted NYU App today due to perfecting my AnBryce Essay. I never wanted a scholarship so bad!! Ahh good luck to all this cycle

soca_dancer

Bronze

Post by soca_dancer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:42 pm

TexasENG wrote:Bumping this one last time for this year. Make sure you get your apps in before the deadline (typically 12/31?) if you are planning on applying. Good luck to everyone that is applying, we look forward to talking to you in the new year.
Do any Anbrycers know when interviews will be this year most likely? Last year they were the last week of March and I’m trying to make sure (if I get selected as a finalist :shock:) I don’t schedule anything the week of the interview.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

misiaczek

New

Post by misiaczek » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:04 am

soca_dancer wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Bumping this one last time for this year. Make sure you get your apps in before the deadline (typically 12/31?) if you are planning on applying. Good luck to everyone that is applying, we look forward to talking to you in the new year.
Do any Anbrycers know when interviews will be this year most likely? Last year they were the last week of March and I’m trying to make sure (if I get selected as a finalist :shock:) I don’t schedule anything the week of the interview.
We won't know the exact dates for awhile still, but generally interviews are the same time every year (last week of March). However, if you are selected for the DC interview group, that could be a different week. Some years it is the same as the New York interviews, some years it is mid-April. If you're trying to schedule for work, your interview is typically that Thursday, with you arriving the night before and leaving during the next day (stay for admitted students days though on the Friday if you can!).

soca_dancer

Bronze

Post by soca_dancer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:20 am

Thank you!

ditt0

New

Post by ditt0 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:31 am

Since the AnBryce panel has access to all of your application, do you think it would stunt your chances at getting the award if you do not submit a diversity statement, since the topics are somewhat similar? Will I come across as less authentic if I do not have one, even if the AnBryce essay itself is well written? Have any of the award recipients in this thread not included a diversity statement in their application?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”