How to convince firms of passion for corporate law if K-JD Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
luckystar84

Bronze

How to convince firms of passion for corporate law if K-JD

Post by luckystar84 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:02 pm

deleted
Last edited by luckystar84 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luckystar84

Bronze

Re: How to convince firms of passion for corporate law if K-JD

Post by luckystar84 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:47 pm

bump

banjo

Silver

Post by banjo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:17 am

I'm still a 1L, so I don't know for sure, but I think you'll understand better when you start reading cases in law school. Corporations get themselves into really complex, interesting legal problems. For example, they might distribute products in multiple states, creating personal jurisdiction or choice of law issues. They might enter into elaborate contractual relationships with suppliers and distributors. They have environmental issues to deal with. They also have to be more careful about complying with applicable state and federal laws, and often face more difficult tax questions. Also think about how much discovery a corporation would generate in a litigation--thousands of emails, hundreds of pages of deposition testimony, dozens of internal documents, etc. I could go on and on. And of course the stakes are higher too.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:32 am

You came to law school and you're applying for their firm should typically be enough. I have not really seen it be a problem, even for 1L hiring.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”