Buying a house while studying for the bar Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
FattyMcFatFat

Bronze

Buying a house while studying for the bar

Post by FattyMcFatFat » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:31 pm

Anybody ever done it? Is it a bad idea? Et cetera?

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Buying a house while studying for the bar

Post by kalvano » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:54 am

It's not that big a deal. I would line up your financing before you start studying, as that's the most stressful part. After that, a couple hours now and then looking at houses won't hurt. Don't plan on having your closing or doing anything else in the two-three weeks before the bar.

FattyMcFatFat

Bronze

Re: Buying a house while studying for the bar

Post by FattyMcFatFat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:33 pm

kalvano wrote:It's not that big a deal. I would line up your financing before you start studying, as that's the most stressful part. After that, a couple hours now and then looking at houses won't hurt. Don't plan on having your closing or doing anything else in the two-three weeks before the bar.
Yeah, I've been thinking more about it today, and I think I might just be paranoid. If I do it, I'll probably close by the end of May. I might have to wait until the end of June to actually move, which is a little bit closer to the bar than I would like, but I'm getting less concerned about that the more I think about it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”