Looking for: NYU EIW results Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lawschool22

Gold

Looking for: NYU EIW results

Post by lawschool22 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:47 pm

Is there anyone with access to the NYU equivalent of the following?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1AHcF ... sp=sharing

Thanks in advance!

lawschool22

Gold

Re: Looking for: NYU EIW results

Post by lawschool22 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Bumping this.

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Um. Yes.

Does this include data for 1Ls?

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:55 pm

yomisterd wrote:Um. Yes.

Does this include data for 1Ls?
Are you referring to the Columbia data? I'm not 100% sure but I will check. I am under the impression it includes the results of anyone who attended EIW at Columbia in 2012. So any 1Ls who were there would be included in this data.

beautyistruth

Bronze

Post by beautyistruth » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Maybe I'm completely confused. Under what circumstances would 1Ls attend EIW?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:47 pm

beautyistruth wrote:Maybe I'm completely confused. Under what circumstances would 1Ls attend EIW?
I must have misunderstood. I'm talking about the summer between 1L and 2L. Idk if you're called a 1L or 2L then.

Nelson

Gold

Post by Nelson » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:53 pm

Most schools don't release this information to the public and I doubt that Columbia's OCS did so deliberately.

bowser

Bronze

Post by bowser » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:11 am

this is given to 1Ls towards the end of the final semester of 1L year, so they have something to prepare for EIP the coming summer. I imagine NYU's would look pretty similar.

For people interested in firm work, the advantages of Columbia and NYU are largely the same: many big New York offices take big chunks of people---like 8-20---from Columbia and NYU (and Harvard) every year.

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:37 am

I know they're the same in NYC for the most part. I'm interested in DC, which is a little harder to flesh out, which is why I was curious for this data. I'm also trying to compare NYU to other schools with a lot of DC placement like Duke, for instance.

So bottom line, NYU doesn't put out this type of data it would seem?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:40 am

Nelson wrote:Most schools don't release this information to the public and I doubt that Columbia's OCS did so deliberately.
Are you saying you think someone stole the data?

I know it's not publicly available, that's why I'm asking for it. I was just curious if they provided it to students, who may be interested in providing it here to help future students.

Nelson

Gold

Post by Nelson » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:59 am

lawschool22 wrote:
Nelson wrote:Most schools don't release this information to the public and I doubt that Columbia's OCS did so deliberately.

I know it's not publicly available, that's why I'm asking for it. I was just curious if they provided it to students, who may be interested in providing it here to help future students.
At my school, it's released to students before recruiting, and we are strongly encouraged not to disseminate it. Considering that that info you linked is in a random Google doc and that Columbia's OCI website is passworded, I wouldn't say that it's "stolen", but rather, as I said not deliberately released by the school. It's going to hard to find this information since schools keep it close to the vest not only because they want to help their students get jobs but also because firms pay for OCI slots.

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:22 am

Nelson wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:

At my school, it's released to students before recruiting, and we are strongly encouraged not to disseminate it. Considering that that info you linked is in a random Google doc and that Columbia's OCI website is passworded, I wouldn't say that it's "stolen", but rather, as I said not deliberately released by the school. It's going to hard to find this information since schools keep it close to the vest not only because they want to help their students get jobs but also because firms pay for OCI slots.
Oh I know they don't want it released, and I know it'll be hard to come by. But that's why I started the thread, to see if anyone was willing to provide it either publicly or via PM, just as someone did with the Columbia data.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”