Upperclassmen/Graduates, what should I do spring sem?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Upperclassmen/Graduates, what should I do spring sem?

Postby HoyaLawya16 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 pm

I have a 3.0 after fall semester at a T14 (you can probably guess which one), and I want to get into Big Law.

Keeping in mind that Big Law wants a B+/A GPA, any advice going into my spring semester? This question is really for people who improved from a 3.0 to a 3.3 or higher. What did you change about your habits? What did you do spring semester? Are these kinds of improvements common?

To everyone who wants to tell me how evil Big Law is, thanks, but I'm a big kid and I can decide for my own. Positive comments only, please.

Re: Upperclassmen/Graduates, what should I do spring sem?

Postby OutCold » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:08 pm

I don't think anyone on this board is going to tell you biglaw is evil. In any case, you need to review your old exams and see where they were lacking. If you can't figure that out on your own, you should talk to your professors. Pretty much everyone knows the material going into the exam, the grade difference comes from the analysis. Maybe you didn't fully explore both sides of each issue; maybe you didn't go as in depth as the professors would have liked. Hell, maybe you could have gotten more points on one of the professor's exams simply by dropping case names. It's all a crapshoot, really. You can usually get good inside information by combing through past exams and model answers from each exam. I'd always style your answers in accordance with the models.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”