UIUC 2L Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
xspider

Re: UIUC 2L Taking Questions

Postby xspider » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Chardee_MacDennis wrote:
xspider wrote:
Chardee_MacDennis wrote:
xspider wrote:Is OCI lottery or pre-select? How many firms come to oci?

100% pre-select, ~40-45 firms

Thanks a ton. Anyone have an idea how URMs perform at OCI? say at median or barely outside of top third.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not as easy to predict URM jobs as it is admissions. The few I know who landed gigs had good grades, so I'm sure that was a major factor. I'd say if you're at median you better have something really special or else you're SOL. If you're top third-ish you might have a shot at some of the less selective firms. Maybe try to gun for a 1L diversity position, might be different.

I mean, it could be a tiebreaker b/t two candidates, but that assumes you had the grades/resume/interviewing skills to get there initially.

Gotcha, thanks a ton

bluefish91

Postby bluefish91 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks for taking questions!

I know that there was a lot of discussion about where to live/not live last year, but as someone who is bringing my dog, do your recommendations change? I'm currently in a super dog friendly city and pretty much every apartment allows dogs. Is this the same in CU? Do apartments have dog parks? (She's small-breed if that matters).

Thanks for your insight!

Chardee_MacDennis

Postby Chardee_MacDennis » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:31 pm

bluefish91 wrote:Thanks for taking questions!

I know that there was a lot of discussion about where to live/not live last year, but as someone who is bringing my dog, do your recommendations change? I'm currently in a super dog friendly city and pretty much every apartment allows dogs. Is this the same in CU? Do apartments have dog parks? (She's small-breed if that matters).

Thanks for your insight!

I imagine that would depend on where you live. I know The Village allows pets. My apartment complex does, too. I don't think apartments down here have dog-specific parks, but you can certainly find a park.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”