A few random questions for ya:
What do you like most about studying at Illinois? Is there a noticeable political lean among the faculty and/or students? How is the social life? Do people ever visit Chicago for a weekend? Do law students attend football/basketball games? Have you seen any change in the number or quality of firms coming for OCI? Do you feel like the school is trending upwards, downwards, or staying the same? Would you choose Illinois again if you had to do it all over?
1. I like that it's a good school with decent employment numbers and has a relatively relaxed atmosphere.
2. No real political lean; individuals may hold their own views, but I don't get an institutional vibe.
3. Social life is awesome. It's a great college town with options away from campus/undergrads.
4. People do visit Chicago quite often. It's a quick ride by either car or train.
5. Yes; tix are pretty cheap.
6. Re: OCI, not sure yet; we'll know in a few months. Most here expect it to be at least what is was last year.
7. If you're referring to a trend in the USNWR rankings, I'd say were trending up. It'll be interesting to see where the medians for the c/o 2017 end up.
8. I would.