Ideas about potential employment for an undergraduate.

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
DSD2013

Ideas about potential employment for an undergraduate.

Postby DSD2013 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:14 pm

Hey everyone,

I would like to work in some way or another for a lawyer this summer and get some experience. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this and whether or not there exist paid positions for undergraduates who do some type of work for lawyers? Thank you.

A. Nony Mouse

Re: Ideas about potential employment for an undergraduate.

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Moved to the appropriate forum. Please read the rules stickied at the top of the forums; 0Ls are not allowed to post in the Legal Employment forum.

DSD2013

Postby DSD2013 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 pm

ok cool appreciated.

nomdeplumeify

Postby nomdeplumeify » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 pm

I have no idea about being paid but I know that you can volunteer at any public interest firms. Then you'll be working with attorney's, can get experience in multiple areas of law, and if you're good, references. Plus, you can spin it to show dedicated interest with public interest should private firms not pan out.

Kafkaesquire

Postby Kafkaesquire » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:54 pm

DSD2013 wrote:Hey everyone,

I would like to work in some way or another for a lawyer this summer and get some experience. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this and whether or not there exist paid positions for undergraduates who do some type of work for lawyers? Thank you.

You would go about doing this by getting to know lawyers through networking and letting your interests be known to them.

There exist paid positions for undergraduates who do some type of work for lawyers.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”