Master en droit

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
bouleversement

Master en droit

Postby bouleversement » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Does anyone have experience with the dual degree offered by Cornell or Columbia? There is not a lot of information available through the search function.

Has anyone applied? Been accepted? Enrolled? Graduated? Know someone who did any of these and thus might have some information apart from what can be found from the website?

Thank you in advance!

ltrego

Re: Master en droit

Postby ltrego » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:18 pm

I've not applied at Cornell or Columbia (neither has the program I'm looking for), but I have applied for joint degree programs this cycle. I've talked to a lot of joint program directors and the like, and have done substantial research on the process. If you relay the particular questions you might have, I can give a shot at answering.

bouleversement

Postby bouleversement » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Just looking for some insider information really. A frank assessment that I could not otherwise obtain by speaking with administrators.

Someone might know that all the students in a particular program in recent years have regretted their decision. Or maybe that they cannot speak about the options afforded by the dual degree highly enough.

That kind of thing.

ltrego

Postby ltrego » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:35 pm

In that case, I'll subscribe to this, as I would like to see that info as well.

You may also try contacting the schools to get contact info for students currently in the programs you are looking at. That's been really helpful.

bouleversement

Postby bouleversement » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:11 pm

I hope the mods don't mind my posting in each school's thread as well.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”